• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

HELP...can't get my hands on...

Georg

kickbox
Hello Fellow Book Junkies,

For the past 4 months I have been looking, for anything written by Madeleline Wickham. Don't get me wrong, the titles are all there in everyones bloody listings, but actually getting them to get a hold of a copy is beginning to look impossible!

I've gone to my local bookstores...and was even quite excited to get one "The Gatecrasher" on Amazon.com...but as of today, there is yet another DELAY!!! (3rd one since I've placed the order) Now it's not expected to arrive until August 14th!

Anyone know what I can try next???

I work for B&N and I know we have at least one of her books on our shelves. I just don't know the title of the top of my head. Which book are you looking for?

The Gatecrasher would be nice, but anyone would do! My B&N said they could NOT get a copy transfered, because according to their computer, their were none to be found!

Have you considered ordering from Amazon.co.uk?

It says they dispatch to the USA, by airmail within 5-7 working days. I know my account info works on Amazon.com, so perhaps yours (if you have an existing account) will work on the co.uk website?

More delivery info can be found here.

The only Madeleine Wickham book I've read is Swimming Pool Sunday but I quite enjoyed it.

Good luck. :)

Need help finding a book?

Recently I was looking for a book that I had read back in 1991. I couldn't remember the title or the author of the book. I posted a thread here at bookandreader.com and came up with no results yet. So I found this website about asking questions and I sent this email to: askalibrarian@oclc.org and told them I needed help finding this book I was looking for and a few days later they emailed me back with results. I think it is the book I was looking for. Everything I told them about the book was the same as the book they found for me. Even the characters. So I guess it is the book and so I was able to locate it at my local library. So try your library first.

mountainwoman65

Back