• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help finding old space trilogy

bakm1996

Hey, I am looking for some help looking for a trilogy from sometime in the 70's or 80's that my dad mentioned was one of the best series he has ever read. He cannot remember the titles or the author. He just remembers that it was about a guy that gets dropped on some strange planet with all kinds of creative creatures and the planet itself is hostile. He said the writing was very creative. He believes the author wrote other books, but never gained huge fame and the books may be out of print. Anyone have a clue what these books could be or a hint to the author? I've searched like crazy with no luck and his birthday is coming up and I thought this would be an awesome gift. Thanks!!

Since I'm bored and have nothing much to do, I've been searching Amazon. I found a few possibilities.

The Faded Sun Trilogy by C J Cherryh - originally published in the late 70's - Kesrith, Shon'jir, and Kutath - a Dune-like planet

The Book of Skaith: The Adventures of Eric John Stark by Leigh Brackett - late 70's - The Ginger Star, The Hounds of Skaith, and The Reavers of Skaith - a man searching for his would be father on a remote planet circling a dying sun

The Demu Trilogy by F M Busby - Cage A Man, The Proud Enemy, End of the Line - no other info on this one, maybe he'd recognize the titles?

If none of these is it, see if you can get any more details out of him. Every little bit help in a search like this.

Bingo!

Thanks kelsue! I am pretty sure it is the Book of Saith trilogy. That sounds like exactly what he described and the timeline of Leigh Brackett's life (she died a few years after this) fits why she didn't write more after my dad read this, making it easier to forget. I ordered a copy and will let you know if it's good (as I am sure I won't be able to pass up reading it!) Thanks again for your help...you are a miracle-worker! I haven't been this excited about a gift in a long time...I just have to contain my urge to blow the surprise and tell him I think the mystery is solved :)

Happy New Year!

Back