• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help - how can I edit a post ???

Well, that explains that. I usually pop into the computer room in "fits and starts" during the day to answer emails and do a bit of writing and posting. I have a really bad habit of hitting "Submit" before I have edited my own writing. (I need at least two re-reads.) Multitasking is not always a good thing.
Thanks very much for answering my question. I will just try to be a bit more careful in the future to avoid sounding like a complete illiterate when I post.

If you need a post editing after the 15mins, let myself or one of the moderators know.
Thank you very much.
Now another question:
I seem to find myself logged-out after just a few minutes. Today the system logged me out in the middle of responding to a post. (When I was ready to hit "submit" I discovered I was no longer logged-in.)
If I minimize the screen and let a few minutes pass before I open it again, there I am, logged-out again.
Is there a "timeout" on log-in time (did I even ask that correctly?).:rolleyes:

I seem to find myself logged-out after just a few minutes. Today the system logged me out in the middle of responding to a post. (When I was ready to hit "submit" I discovered I was no longer logged-in.)
If I minimize the screen and let a few minutes pass before I open it again, there I am, logged-out again.
Is there a "timeout" on log-in time (did I even ask that correctly?).:rolleyes:
You are logged out after a period of 15 minutes of inactivity if you do not have the 'remember me' box checked - unfortunately the system has no way of knowing whether or not you are composing a reply during that time. To get around this you either need to tick the 'remember me' box as you log in (and remember to log out again if you are using a shared computer) or write out your reply in another program, then log back in and post.

HTH :)

Back