• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help!!! I need a book!

Kate xxx

I am searching for good book to read and I was wondering if anyone could help me. My favourite books are the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling and the Twlight series by Stephanie Meyer. The qualities I look for in a good book are:
-fiction
-admirable main character that you can relate to (preferably 16-18 years of age, maybe a girl)
-romance and love
-mystery
-adventure
-page turner
-unputdownability
-preferably a series
-makes you laugh
-makes you cry
-well thought out plot
-rereadability
-where everything adds up in the end like a jigsaw
-a good twist
-longish book
-update to date/modern
-adventure
-supernatural
-good guys and bad guys
I know I am being very specific but I would really appreciate any suggestions- especially if you think it is better than Harry Potter!!!

Definitely Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials if you haven't already read it. It's a trilogy, gripping, moving and nearly everything else on your list. If you like Harry Potter you'll love it!

i'm not a young adult and i don't usually read YA books - but one i did recently read that seems to fit your criteria is "uglies" by Scott Westerfeld. it's a series but i'd only read the first book. it's prob something i'd haveenjoyed reading when i was a younger.

i don't know if it's better than HP since i didn't read all HP :)

I would recommend The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker (Black, Red, White, and Green -- are the books) Its about this guy in modern day and he gets shot in the head and wakes up in another dimension and if one bad thing happens there it happens in the other one. but he is trying to stop a virus from killing the worlds population while falling in lovbe with a wonderful woman. but ultimately its your decision.. Good Luck.

Back