• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

HELP! I need something to read.

Prairie_Girl

I'm reaching the end of my book pile and despite trolling amazon and reading pretty much every post on this site, I can't think of anything I want to read next. Here's what I've read recently:

The Queen's Fool Gregory, Philipa
The Other Boleyn Girl Gegory, Philipa
Angels and Demons Brown, Dan
How to Be Alone Franzen, Jonathan
A Mighty Heart Pearl, Mariane
The Spanish Bride Gardner, Laurien
The Secret Book of Grazia dei Rossi Park, Jacqueline
The Night Watch Waters, Sarah
The Historian Kostova, Elizabeth
The Birth House McKay, Ami
The Mermaid Chair Kidd,Sue Monk

any suggestions, I can't believe this I've never been @ a loss for something to read ever, I don't know what's wrong with me!

The most recent title from Gregory - The Constant Princess - might be a place to start. This one features Catherine of Argon, who was a major character in The Other Boelyn Girl.

hmmm...

try other dan brown books. Angels and Demons, etc....going to a bookstore and browsing really does help. I've read a few books such as the Other Boleyn Girl, etc....try something like The birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant, girl with a pearl earring by tracy chevalier

Anne tyler's new one, Digging to America was great. It made me cry, but not until the end! Parts of it were extremely funny.

You actually wait until the near end of the pile to get more books? You brave soul. As soon as I finish a book I rush out and get five more. :D

hahahahaha. yeah, I know, I've read the other Dan Brown, and The Constant Princess is on order. I had a HUGE TBR list on my computer but I lost it and I'm just having some trouble rebuilding it.

You could trawl through some readalike sites to see what others recommend. They throw up some crap sometimes (I didnt mean for that to sound so gross, btw), but are worth a look, I think. This site has some good ones.

Back