• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help me decide...

Sell Sword

...what to read next! I'm stuck in a Fantasy rut and I need to branch out (you know...into Sci-Fi and Horror). Please help me choose from below:

Kim Harrison - Dead Witch Walking
Walter Greatshell - Xombies
K. J. Bishop - The Etched City
Steve Cash - The Meq
Steve Alten - Resurrection
Dan Simmons - The Fall of Hyperion
Brian Lumley - Necroscope
Kevin J. Anderson - A Forest of Stars
Stephen King - The Waste Lands
Stephen Harriman - Sleeper

Remember...YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!

Ha ha! Seeing as I've only read one of those, I heartily recommend... The Wastelands by Stephen King!! :D (As long as you've read The Gunslinger, that is.) :)

my vote goes to DEAD WITCH WALKING, i didn't read it, but it sounds interesting to me, and i'm scared of Stephen king ( not of his novels, just the big name keeps me away) =)

Halo said:
Ha ha! Seeing as I've only read one of those, I heartily recommend... The Wastelands by Stephen King!! :D (As long as you've read The Gunslinger, that is.) :)
Join to your decision ;)
Of course The waste lands

Dan Simmons - The Fall of Hyperion

Have your read the prior novels? The Hyperion Cantos is a all tiem classic IMHO. If so, I'd go with this however...

K. J. Bishop - The Etched City

That's an awesome book. The associate reviewer on my site who reviewed it didn't like it but I loved it. Mrs Bishop stopped by our site as well, and seems to be real nice. Anyway, great book, given good eviews by Mieville and Moorcock, with heavy Moorcock infleunces and from Harrison's(that would be M. John Harrison) Viriconium work. Also for a New Weird novel, Mrs. Bishop depicts real good action sequences, really a fabulous novel.

Really a damn good book.

I think those 2 outshine the rest by some degree althoguh I haven't read the Kevin J. Anderson work you lsited, (I won't read him since he raped Dune), and I havent ever heard of Meq, and never got into the Kim Harrison's works:(

Simmons is a god though (can't wait for Olympos), and Mrs. Bishop is one of my favorite new authors.

Fantasybookspot.com

Ainulindale said:
... I haven't read the Kevin J. Anderson work you lsited, (I won't read him since he raped Dune)...
You know, Ainulindale, I couldn't have put it better myself. :) Just the phrase I'd use for KJA. My beef with him is not for Dune, but for a much earlier work, trilogy of evil called the Jedi Academy.

So here we go - I hate this chap for raping Star Wars.

Sell Sword - I want to say I loved your list of fantasy. If you want to read something other than fantasy, I say you read Forever War - Joe Haldeman (scifi). Or I Am Legend, Richard Matheson (Horror).

I can't help you with your list of nominations though... :)

ds

What help are you referring to? Tom Veitch? George Lucas? The inept staff in charge of novel spinoffs who approved his half-assed manuscript? :D

ds

Thank you all for the marvelous suggestions!!! It looks like The Wastelands wins!

PS - I have read the Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three

Back