• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help Me Find This Book

imperium

I am in search of a book.
I don't have any ideas about the author or the book's name.
I just have a small idea about the plot.

In the book, there was a girl who was in love with a guy. They both adored each other. The woman worshiped the guy with all her Body and Soul. The guy rapes her, gets her pregnant and leaves her. She is devastated and some how is living in the society of that time. She comes to know that her lover is marrying a prettier girl and she's broken by this fact. Somehow she gets to work along with the bride and she kills her. Later she's in a jail, she's a maniac now, a mad woman. All her beauty is lost and she's all alone in the court where the guy comes to testify her trials. She still loves him and laughs at him madly.

The above is a rough sketch of the book I am searching. This might be incomplete but the real deal is
more elaborate and could have a variation too. I am really in need of the book.

The book is set in some english/french background, I suppose in mids of 18th-19th century. It is really urgent. Thanks for help.

Back