• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help me identify this book please?!

cat7

Hi there, new to forum and it looks good. I have been desperately searching the net to see if it will jog my memory to remember a book I read recently and really enjoyed but cannot find it, nor remember anything about the title or author!!!
Set near London in recent times. The plot revolved around two brothers of middle age, one called Leonard and think the other was either William or Richard. One is a school teacher and one a lecturer. The teacher has had time out recently to look after their elderly, dying father up in Scotland. The father has now died and the brother has come south and ends up moving in with his brother and his wife and 3 young boys. This brother with the wife is involved in a bit of trouble where he is accused of inciting a young man in hi tutelage to set a local library on fire...(cheapside possibly?!).
The two brothers have many philosophical discussions, sometimes to the annoyance of the teacher one as he gets frustrated at the ideas and world his brother seems to inhabit - as perhaps ridiculously out of touch with reality and unrealistic to try to live by.
Anyone got ANY ideas?!!!
Thanks

Back