• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help me, please...

Peronel

Okay guys.

I need help with the title of a book I read...about fourteen years ago. My cousin gave it to me to read, and she had it from when she was a kid, so I'm guessing this was printed (this edition anyway) in the 1970s.

All I can remember of the story is that a young girl goes to live on a farm (aunt and uncle, grandparents?) because she is either sick or orphaned. She learns about farm life (I'm sure there's something about birds) and I remember a mention of moles or molehills for some bizarre reason? The farm kitchen has a fire where they do all their cooking, which she in not used to, and she likes her doona (quilt) and wears gumboots (galoshes).

And no, it's not Sunnybrook Farm, Pollyanna, Understood Betsy or anything else that google bbrings up straight away.

I know this is really vague and could be the template for a million stories, but if it rings a bell with anyone, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Back