• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help needed to find a book please

I read a book a couple of years ago and I loved it but I can't remember the name of the book or the author!

I only remember bits of it, so here goes ;

It was set in the 1800's. A man and woman had a child (daughter) and she was deformed the midwife was going to strangle the baby but the father walked in before she could do anything. (the woman had the baby at her mothers house in a city) When they went back to their farm the woman fell pregnant again. One day the husband went into the cows shed and he was near one of the cafes and the mother cow pushed him up against the wall and his insides exploded and he died instantly. The wife loses the baby and moves back to her parents with her child.(thats all at the start of the book.)

It goes through the daughters and her cousins whole life. I think the child's name was Bella.

If anyone knows this book could they please tell me. I have been trying to remember what it was called but I can't so help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Back