• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help please!!!!!

jintyblue

Hi

I have came across nearly 50 readers digest books - all hardback 4 in 1 - in excellent condition.
Should we try and sell them in my boyfriends book stall as a collection - or should i try ebay/amazon?

Also any ideas what kind of price to put on them?

Thanks for any help

Why not try to sell them?I know many senior citizens love the Readers Digest books. If you don't sell them, how about donating them to a senior center or retirement community. It may be a tax deduction.

a good scam is to go around to used book stores all over town and buy really cheap copies of old books. donate them to a library and you'll get a tax deduction for the amount of the cover price.

Jinty,
I am not sure that anybody answered your question. I can tell you with certainty that your Readers Digest condensed books are virtually worthless. You might be able to sell them as shelf furniture, but even then you'd be lucky to get $20 for a pick-up truck load. Perhaps you could find a recycler in the area who would take them to be recycled. As was already written, I doubt that any libraries would take them, even for free.
Sorry.

Back