• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help? What's a children's author to do?

doc_williamson

I recently wrote a book for children.
Although I formed a publishing division of my company to do the publishing, it is published though an "on-demand" publisher so some (most) of the traditional reviewers refuse to even consider reviewing it.

Are any of you forum readers also authors who have experience in getting books reviewed? How did you do it?

Are any of you interested in writing reviews that we could use as part of our book jacket, or whatever? Reviews by librarians or school principals would seem appropriate since there are specific educational aspects to the way the book is written, but it's frustrating trying to get people to even look, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

That's one of the downsides of self-publishing that most people never realize until it's too late. Anybody can self-publish, and so many do. So much is total crap that reviewing it is a waste of time.

If you reviewed music for a living, would you listen to every garageband tape that was sent to your office?

For you...you'll have to live with getting reviews from the people who buy your book, or from the people you "give" your book to. You could ask if anybody here at TBF would be willing to review your book. I'm sure if you offered to give away a few copies in return for a complete and honest review there might be some people who would take you up on your offer.

What kind of book is it? Picture book, short story, fiction, sports related....what age range are you targeting....got a web site....

Back