• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help with coursework

mjpzx2

OK i'm doing some ICT coursework and I am making a database for my school library. I know they use a system to find and lookup books. I think it is called the duey system but I am not having any look with google. Can anyone confirm it is the duey system? Or if I am totally wrong maybe tell me the others which it could be. Also I think the format of the duey system (if it is that) is number number number dot number number. Can someone also confirm this too?

Thanks alot for any help, Michael.

I think you are after the dewey system - which may explain why you are not having any luck with google

It is also referred to as the Dewey Decimal System. Most public and school libraries use it, while colleges use the Library of Congress system.

Ah thanks i'll look that up. Only reason I knew it was something like that was because I overheard the librarian talk about it to a year 7 class in the library.

Back