• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help with E-book App

Meadow337

Former Moderator
I just bought a tablet to replace one of our readers that decided to die but I'm having trouble with finding / working an e-reader app on it.

Eventually (!!) I found Alkido but now I'm having trouble persuading it to read from the external SD card.

I have a LOT of books that I prefer to have on the external card because a. transferring books when I want to read something is a pain in the butt b. I like scrolling the list (kind of like searching for a book on the shelf) when I'm looking for something to else.

What has happened is that it has transferred about 3/4 of the books from the SD card to the main memory (and basically filled it up) instead of leaving them in the folder and just reading them from there.

I need to either know how to make Aldiko LEAVE the actual books on the SD card OR find another app that will do that.

Can some one PLEASE help????

(all my books are converted through Calibre into epub format for my other reader so these are now "non-standard" books if I can put it like that so an app that only reads books from its store etc is useless to me. )

Oy, that sounds like misery, and in a language I don't speak. But there are those around here who do speak it/or did, so have hope. And patience.

oy, that sounds like misery, and in a language I don't speak. But there are those around here who do speak it/or did, so have hope. And patience.

Thanks lol - what makes the process so difficult is that the 'blurb' on the app stores doesn't tell you the important stuff, and basically no-where does. So if you have a specific need it becomes very challenging.

I just want to have all my books in a folder on the SD card - it's easier to add books to this folder when I get new one's; I like having all my books on my reader at once; and it doesn't take up space on the main memory of the device which is needed for other things. And I want an e-reader app that will just read FROM THE CARD!!!

I tried emailing a few of the e-reader developers. ONE has bothered to reply and it was clear they didn't read my question because the reply only bore a passing relation to the question. SIGH .... customer service where art thou?

Back