• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Everyone...

ljlaxgirl

...I'm new and wanted to say hi. Guess I'll just ask what some of your favorite current authors are? Hope to hear from you guys.

Welcome.

My favourite authors, in no particular order

John Grisham
Clive Cussler
Andy McNab
Jeffery Archer

Always willing to try new authors I've been recommended on here.

Hey again and thanks for the welcome. Thanks for listing a few of your favorites. What have they written and what types of books are they? I would like to check them out. My current fav is Ann Brashares. Any of you know her? Her latest book is the second summer of the sisterhood and It's so wonderful. The characters she has created and so amazing. Very easy to relate to. I look forward to hearing from more of you.

I'm new also! My favorites are:
Clive Cussler
Lee Child
Jeffery Deaver
Michael Connley
And check out Jeannine Kadow, She is GREAT

Hello.

I enjoy Poe, Stevenson and Wilde. Lately, I've been reading and enjoying Tennyson (In Memorium) and Thomas Hobbes. As far as current writers go, I don't find much that I like, although I go through periods of trying. I liked Douglas Adams, though, which is odd, because he never seemed to be treated as a literary figure, except popularly. I mean that he was read and appreciated, but not written of except as a kind of comedian or celebrity. But I liked his stories.

I also liked Danielewski's House of Leaves. Some people find that book very peculiar; well, it is very peculiar. But it's a book that I'm willing to read again some day.

I recently read The Golden Age by John C. Wright. That is an elaborate, perhaps I should say ornate, science fiction novel. The second book of that series is out now, although I haven't bought it yet.

Welcome to the group.

John Wright (M., not C.) :)

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
Welcome.

My favourite authors, in no particular order

Jeffery Archer

I don't claim to be especially familiar with the affair but judging from some of what I've read ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/archer/ ), the next Archer novel might very well be set in prison. Or else, his next publication may be his prison diaries. Have you followed this?

Hi ineldorado,

Yes I've read Archer's Prison Diary It's an enlightening insite into prison life. I think he's hoping to release the other volumes when he's released from prison.

Back