• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey!

Mimi

Hey everyone! I, of course, am new to the forums so I just wanted to say hello.
Something about myself, I love reading really odd books; top five:
1. Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates: Tom Robbins
2. Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town: Cory Doctorow
3. The curious incident of the dog in the night-time:Mark Haddon
4. Anything by Edger Allan Poe
5. A Clockwork Orange:Anthony Burgess

Welcome~

The curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon.
This Book Is on My TO-GET/Read-List.I'm Glad Its One Of your Favorite.

Welcome~

It's a pretty good book, definitely gives you incite to the world of autism. I enjoyed it quite a bit, it's a fast read but worth it.:) enjoy!

At the moment I'm reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (new author to me) it's rather interesting, bit off what i'm used to but enjoyable non the less. I am a fan of horror, Anne Rice, Stephen King and such but now i've been broadening my horizons. I've been reading things by Tom Robbins, James Frey, Swift, Kafka plus anything that seems to be out of the ordinary. I'm building up my courage to start reading Joyce:D

How about you?

Impressive.
Well,I Read Fiction, Anything Fictional.
Personally I've never Read Horror.
do you recommended horror books ?
what book do you like * your favorite * which is not horror ?

Well you have to find a really good book to get into horror because horror tends to be slightly predictable and often follows the same plot line as far as i'm concerned. I like Stephen King alot because his books take really simple things in life and turn them into something original and, more often then not, scary.

So far my favorite book, though it's hard to choose, would have to be A Million Little Pieces by James Frey.
What are your top ten favorite books, and why?

Interesting.I may check out some of Stephen King's Books. Could you please Recommend One of his Books you liked the most ?

well I'm afraid I don't have TEN favorite books
-The Thirteenth Tale By Diane Setterfield. This Book is truly a page turner it is so mysterious ans exciting .
-The Five people you meet in heaven By Mitch albom This book really made me think of who would be my 5 people in heaven if i was Eddie * The Main Character * It also changed my opinion about the after death / life world.
-The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini This Book Is A-w-e-s-o-m-e It made me learn more about Afghanistan and how they live. I Felt their sorrow I cried for their lose. It broke my heart.
-To kill a Mockingbird by Harper lee I love love this book, thats all to it. I LOVE IT

I Read others but the aint my favorite. They were just Normal Books =Pp
What about you what are your top ten books ?

My favorite King book was The Long Walk that's under his psudonym Richard Bachman, but i don't know if that would be classified as horror. I liked this book so much probably because it was such a simple notion that had become so hard-hitting. In terms of more horror books of his i would recommend From a Buick Eight and, though i havn't got around to reading it myself, i have heard IT was an amazing book.
My ten favorite would be (including the five mentioned earlier)
-The Long Walk- Stephen King
-A Million Little Piecies and the sequal My Friend Leonard- Jame Frey
-Oryx and Crake- Margaret Atwood
and a few too many to mention, lol

Unfortunatly To Kill A Mockingbird wasn't one of my favorites but perhaps the teacher that happened to butcher it with over-annalysis had something to do with that. :(

Are you into any other genra's apart from fiction?

I'll Check his Books Out. Thank-U =]
Are you into any other genra's apart from fiction?
No.
Well,My School Doesn't make us Read Novels Only Poems and Very short Stories which i don't like because the teacher over-analysis and makes you simply sick of it. So I Decided to Read Independently.I Started my obsession this year * READING *.
I think I still didn't read enough to decide whether It's my favorites or it's only an Ordinary Book.
I am Tending to try other types of books. So far I've read Fiction alot.
This Forum Made a big difference in helping me chose Books =]
How old are you Mimi ?

If you want to get into Stephen King, Arabian, check these out:

It
The Stand
Cujo

Those are three of my favorite from him, and if anyone disagrees then they deserve to be smacked. Twice. Backhanded. For insubordination.

Back