• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi-dee-ho, Readerinos!

April_H

My name is April and once upon a time, I was a very avid reader of actual, paper books. I'm still a compulsive reader (just try to get a sign, mailing label or cereal box past me), but with a husband, 2 kids and a home-based business, time is one luxury that's in short supply for me these days. I've found the only way I can get through books anymore is by multitasking: listening to audiobooks on my iPod while driving or doing household chores. I'd forgotten what a pleasure it was to have books read to me as a child, but audiobooks have brought that experience back to me. I'm an ebook fan as well, but they're not so great for the multi-tasking. ;)

I'm also an aspiring author. I know, I know...an aspiring author from L.A., who would've thought? My comic, 'hen-lit' novel "Adelaide Einstein" is currently a semifinalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards, in which Amazon customers can download free excerpts from the entries to read and review, and Penguin Books will publish the winner. We're due to be culled to a top 100 by 2/19/08, so if you like comic fiction along the lines of Olivia Goldsmith's First Wives Club and you have an Amazon account, I'd be very grateful for any reads and (assuming you liked it) positive reviews between now and 2/10/08. You can find it by searching for the title "Adelaide Einstein" on Amazon.

Even if my entry isn't your kind of thing, I'd encourage anyone with an Amazon account to read some excerpts and enter some reviews. It's fun, it's free, and it's the first time Penguin Books has ever asked for reader input when choosing a book for publication. You can access all the semifinalists by category at the contest homepage, which is at Amazon's site under /abna. (I tried to post a link, but as a newbie I'm not allowed.)

Back