• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi From Finland

Tasku

kickbox
Hey people! :)

I'm quite active at many different forums (admin at one that's ice hockey related), but when ever I try to initiate discussion about books or reading in the general discussion forums, the threads always die out pretty quickly. So for this reason, I turned to Google for specifically book related forums, and found this one.

I'd be really surprised, if you guys and girls, in this wonderful looking site don't want to talk about books! :D

Welcome aboard!

I'd be really surprised, if you guys and girls, in this wonderful looking site don't want to talk about books! :D

Personally, I hate books. I am only here to figure out which titles to burn first.

:D

Actually, I finished Stardust. I really, really liked it. It's a quick, fun read.

Right now I am trying to decide what to read next.

Welcome to the forum.

I am also a member of a poker forum and threads about books, even poker books, die out fairly quickly, so I understand your plight. That is also why I joined this forum. Enjoy.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

There's one thing that I don't like about this place though: at the hockey forums I feel smarter than average, but here I'm just another bookworm... :(

:D

Moi!

There's one thing that I don't like about this place though: at the hockey forums I feel smarter than average, but here I'm just another bookworm... :(

On the other hand, if you're into hockey you could probably beat up most people here... ;)

Welcome Tasku

Are you a fan of the NHL or the European leagues or both? I follow the NHL but admit I don't know anything about what's happening in Europe right now.

What kind of books do you like reading?

Hockeywise my main focus is on our domestic league: the Finnish SM-liiga, where I'm a big fan of Espoo Blues. But I also follow fhe NHL.

While I can't say that I'm really a fan of any team there, I could say I support the Caps, but not a fan - by this I mean, I don't jump out of my chair if they succeed or wallow in despair, if they're not playing well, like I do with my Espoo. :)

What's your NHL team?

As for reading, I can't really say that I have any specific genre that I particularily read, but what I do require from my books is realism and believability. In another words: no fantasy books! - Terry Pratchett as exception, because he's funny. :)

I especially like realistic science fiction, war books (usually written in anti-war style) and historical novels - fiction or fact.

My NHL team would be the Penguins. I've been a fan since 1995 or so.

Have you read Armor by John Steakley?

Hockeywise my main focus is on our domestic league: the Finnish SM-liiga, where I'm a big fan of Espoo Blues. But I also follow fhe NHL.

While I can't say that I'm really a fan of any team there, I could say I support the Caps, but not a fan - by this I mean, I don't jump out of my chair if they succeed or wallow in despair, if they're not playing well, like I do with my Espoo. :)

What's your NHL team?

Woo Hoo, GO BLUES - Except in my case it would be the St. Louis Blues in the NHL. :D

Nice. Sounds good. SciFi-war :)

You're giving me all kinds of good books to read. I'll have to see if they're translated to my language, when I get some room to my reading queue.

Reading in English requires a dictionary by my side at all times. Although most of it I can understand, every now and then there's a fancy word that will pull me out and I don't like to be pulled out. So that's why no English reading... :rolleyes:

I must admit that I haven't watched a lick of hockey since my hero The Great Gretsky retired. I do get updates on Sportscenter though.

There'll be new heroes. :)

Gretzky himself has said that Sidney Crosby will most likely beat his records. He's quite fanomanaononal (fancy word there, how so you spell it?). He had 110 points in his rookie season, at age 18-19. :cool:

Back