• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi from NZ

Alex Barr

Hello everyone! My name's Alex (the girl version) and I joined book and reader partly because I've just written my first two novels and wanted to get my name out a bit and partly because I love reading and haven't allowed myself to read much while I was writing in case I inadvertantly plagiarised! I promise that there will be no self-promotion from me, I'm just here to chat about books I love, find some new authors I haven't read before and maybe some new ideas.

Thanks Polly Parrot, Kelstan and regdog! Readsalot - my books are murder mysteries but don't take themselves too seriously. About a girl called Sally who goes home to stay with her parents and work in the local Pub (bar), where her customers are the same bunch of crazies and weirdos (but in a nice way) as when she was a little girl. A local man is murdered and Sally finds herself in the middle of things without really trying to be. It's less super sleuth Nancy Drew and more about a bunch of people who don't trust the police so they tell her thigns instead. Sorry, I've waffled, I guess I'm learning things already from this forum - try and find a succint answer to "tell us about your books!". If you search for Alex Barr on amazon you are able to read the first chapter if you so wish. I'll get back to trying to summarise my books...
:)

Back