• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi Hey Hello

glenda

Hey everyone,

My name is Glenda and I live in sunny Australia (except not today-pouring with rain). I am a high school English teacher and have just started a psych degree. So in between Shakespere, Lord of the Flies, and my personal fav Playing Beatie Bow, I like to read comtemporary fiction and of course classics like the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen. My favourite book of the moment is a toss up between The Blind Assassain and Captain Correlli's Mandalin.
Hope to hear from some other members soon.

Glenda

Hello and welcome, Glenda.

The Blind Assassin is one of my favourites, too (but didn't enjoy Captain Corelli's Mandolin as much).

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Playing Beatie Bow? :confused:

Hello from partly-sunny, sometimes cloudy, occasionally snowy, with the odd-tornado-thrown-in-the-mix-for-good-measure Oklahoma. While all this and more occurs in the same day on occasion, its well known that if you don't like the weather here just wait around a minute or two and it'll change. (And if that sentence doesn't give you a head-ache you are a hard core English Teacher!)

Greetings and welcome...

Hello, I am brand new here. No idea how to post a message. I hope this works.
I live by books - not alone - but mainly. I did eardrop for a while before joining but I wonder, is it an all-girls club? It seems that if women were illitterate the publishing business would go bankrupt.
Greetings to everybody

Back