• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi! I'm another new one.

lorrekarloff

Hi everyone! I found this place by accident, and glad I did. I've been an avid reader all my life. (I was one of the geeks that liked the library)My favorite books are horror and science fiction, but also biographies and humor. :D My favorite authors are Stephen King and Edgar Allen Poe. I am also addicted to old classic movies. See you on the boards! :)

Welcome to the forum, fellow Stephen King fan! :) Which of King's works are your favourites?

Hey, Welcome to the Forum!!

<whispers> Dear God she's got a penguin avatar!! Run for the hills!! :D

Phil

Halo said:
Welcome to the forum, fellow Stephen King fan! :) Which of King's works are your favourites?
Its quite hard to pick, but I guess my top 4 are
The Shining -first one I read
Needful Things -I could hardly tear myself from this one, even to sleep!
Dreamcatcher
For short stories, Night Shift is my favorite.

And thanks everyone for the welcomes!! :D

lorrekarloff said:
Its quite hard to pick, but I guess my top 4 are
The Shining -first one I read
Needful Things -I could hardly tear myself from this one, even to sleep!

I'd agree with those two, and probably add the Dark Tower series, Firestarter, Rose Madder and The Talisman. :)

direstraits said:
Welcome! What sf you like?
Favorite SFAuthors - Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury and Douglas Adams
Favorite SF Books - Martian Chronicles-Bradbury
Caves of Steel/Naked Sun/Robots of Dawn-Asimov
Farenheit 451
I'm sure the list of books will change or increase soon, as I have found some Asimov I haven't read at a library book sale.
I also collect sci-fi short story books. Theres lots of great stories in those! :cool:

Thanks again for all the welcomes. I've only been on a few other site's boards, but I think this is the best one so far. :)

Back