• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Historical fact books.

velocipede2288

A am reading "Samuel Pepys's Diary." at the moment. It has been a long time since I read it, and it is a long read. Near 600 pages in small print.
I have only read around 30 pages so far, and it has been hard going as the start of it deals with political matters. And if you are not politically minded, it is a difficult task getting past this.
But Pepys was a man in high position during the mid 17th Century, and the book covers 9 years of his diary before his eyes got too bad.
He was secretary to the Naval office. The book was written in code, but was de-ciphered thank goodness, and now we can read of eye witness accounts of the plague and the fire of London.
Know what they are for lunch and their indescretions.

My favorite history book would be "Shinsengumi: Shogun's Last Samurai Corps." If memory serves it's not even 200 pages, but I wished there had been more to it. I was surprised that I couldn't get enough of hearing about this group.

Hello,

I think i read the history book in my school days not recently. Actually i feel bored while reading the history books. I never like my history subject in my school days.

Back