• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hitchhiker's guide series

I have only read the first book, but I do intend to read the entire series eventually. I have it all in one huge trade paperback (which seems to be missing from my house right now). I think my husband may have it at work (which means I'll be middle aged by the time he finishes it and brings it home).

I did enjoy the first book, although not as much as I had hoped. It was a tiny bit more silly than I tend to go for. I think that they are great books for teens though.

I guess it is silly, but it's not silly like you'd expect.

I have a friend whose 42.(which is slightly amusing xP) He introduced me to it, so i suppose it can be good for adults too ^^
I've never actually listened to the radio series. Apparently it's good.

What do you think of Harry Potter, by the way?..

x1hfx

I love H2G2, and I'm currently readin Life, the Universe and Everything. I'm not finding the sequels as good as the first book, but I will crack on anyway, as I need to know what's going to happen.

I feel the same way about HP, the series started going downhill at OotP

Yeah, i can't stand Harry Potter... I read the first book and found it terribly boring and quite predictable.

I've read them all, but now i'm re-reading the first book. Douglas Adams is such a genius ^^

I read Life, the universe not so long ago. I think it's my least favourite out of the lot, but it's still very good.

hmm.. this is rather strange, but i downloaded the version where life, the universe and everything is read out by stephen fry, i think it is. I'm not sure.. probably not. anyway, it got stuck on a loop and i couldn't switch it off, so now i literally know the whole first page of life, the universe off by heart XD

That is odd. I have the Adams-read version, he's very good at zooming through the dialogue. I didn't now that Stephen Fry had done recording of the series (but he has of course, done HP. This thread is starting to go all...strange...)

I love H2G2, and I'm currently readin Life, the Universe and Everything. I'm not finding the sequels as good as the first book, but I will crack on anyway, as I need to know what's going to happen.

I would have to agree. I'm currently reading that one as well. And I do find it good but it is no where near as great as the first.

I read the first book a long time ago. I would like to re-read it and read all the rest. Which my brother in law just got the book that has all of them in it, so after he is done I may have to borrow it.

I loved reading these books. These are some of my favorite books. They made me laugh so much. It also had many great quotes throughout. I recommend reading the entire series.

We have recently purchased the box set so i'll get round to reading them all again at some point :cool:

Back