• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hiya

JaneWiggin

:whistling:

My name is Nicole, but I go by Jane. I absolutely love reading and writing, and I hope to become a published author some day. It's a long laborious process, but I'm getting there.

Every year I do a reading quest with my friend. We found out about it on goodreads.com, and this year we're working on 66 books total for the year. Last year we only made it to about 75 out of 111. However, I wanted to branch into a more forum based area; to be able to post with others about books I've read and have more of a discussion. Maybe I can make a post, listing all of my books I've read. So one google search and here I was, the first listing on the page.

I read anything that sounds good mostly. Lately, and mostly due to my nickname and Sci-Fi lit class, I've been engrossed in a bunch of science fiction books. I'm always at a loss for what to read, so I appreciate suggestions.

Howdy

Greetings! With all the reading you do, I'm surprised that you have the time to write! Maybe you could get into writing book reviews in the meantime. Just a thought...

Greetings! With all the reading you do, I'm surprised that you have the time to write! Maybe you could get into writing book reviews in the meantime. Just a thought...

I write mostly during my classes when I can't read. I know what you're thinking, I'm supposed to be paying attention, but a lot of my professors ramble about non-essential classroom stuff (this happens a lot) so I get at least an hour and a half of writing time.

But I'll see about reviews. I just need to start learning to remember what a book is about. I'm horrible about that kind of thing.

Hello and welcome.

What sort of classes are so dull you resort to writing?

Also, have a look at this thread for forum members with GoodReads profiles. :)

Hello and welcome.

What sort of classes are so dull you resort to writing?

Also, have a look at this thread for forum members with GoodReads profiles. :)

It's not really the class, it's the professor. And usually the older ones. For instance, my astronomy class is 3 hours long. The first hour and a half he rambles about college announcements, and other things, running in and out of the classroom to get stuff; 30 minutes for the quiz; and then an hour for notes.

So, really I only need to be there for the last half of the class, but if I don't show up for the whole thing I'm considered absent and after two I'm dropped from the class.

And it's not really a resort to writing, it just gives me the free time to do so.

Back