• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

HOF Vote-In

Which of these writers are worhty of the HOF? (Multiple Choice Poll)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manuel_castro

Unfortunately, only there can only be 10 choice in a poll, so one writer will automatically be passed on to next round. 75% or more gets in, 5% or less does not, all of what is in between will be passed on to the next round. Vote for all who you think are great, and feel free to nominate more.

Hiya manuel_castro,

I'm a little confused, could you help me out by explaining what's going on here? It's just that on the other thread in your first post you've said that we are to nominate our favourite writers but you've also said to be strict and nominate only outstanding writers. So which is it? Plus, is there a reason behind this or is it that you just want to find out our favourite authors? When you say HOF do you mean your own Hall of Fame or are you trying to set one up for BAR?

Also I would like to ask the people who nominated - why did you nominate those particular authors - what is it about them that makes them outstanding? Could we have some sort of a discussion on them as that may help me in casting my vote.
The people who voted - why did you vote for who you voted for?
(ions & sofia, this last one is going to mean long posts from you both :D )

(ions & sofia, this last one is going to mean long posts from you both :D )

I nominated them because of manuel_castro's long history of bringing erudite literary discussion to BAR. After all, if someone with all of seven posts who hasn't searched to see if a topic as this as been approached before has decided these ten authors are the base with which to begin our HOF, the writers on this list will affectionately be known as HOFFERS from now on, who am I to argue? Who am I to distinguish between any of them? I would vote for all of them again if only I could.

Thank you ions.

I think manuel_castro's attempt at bringing erudite literary discussion to BAR should be applauded.
manuel_castro, even if no else takes you seriously, I surely will. In fact why don't you get the ball rolling on the whole erudite literary discussion thing, and I shall join you gladly. I am looking forward to this.

Back