• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Holes

Ell

Just saw the DVD of "Holes" and thought it very good. I've been on a waiting list for the book at my library for ages - wanting to read the book first - but finally couldn't resist seeing the movie any longer.

Has anyone read the book and seen the movie? How did they compare?

I have read 'Holes'. It's really good and really enjoyable. But I haven't see the film yet. I can't comment at the moment. Can't wait to see this film.

Likewise, read the book a few times - it's fabulous, and should see the film next week. From the clips I've seen I'm glad I read it first, because the characters in the film do not look how I imagined them. I just gave the book to my housemate to read and, although he enjoyed it, it was spoiled slightly by having seen the film clips because the characters on screen aren't quite right.

Mxx

Holes is a childrens book written by Louis Sachar, and is currently featured in the BBC (UK) Top 100 of the 'Nations favourite books'.

It follows the story of Stanley Yelnats who is sent to 'Camp Green Lake' - a detention centre for youths. Camp Green Lake is an ironic title though, as it's not green, and there's no lake - just miles and miles (and miles) of desert. Every day the boys in Camp GL must dig a hole, the depth of their spade and the same in diameter.

Sounds silly, yes, but it's a book about racism in the heart of Texas, and it's astoundingly good, as well as being very easy to read.

I urge you to try it :)

Mxx

Back