• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Home from Panama

Alix

Hello all! I've been home for a bit, but just haven't found the time to post til now. Thanks for all the book suggestions you gave me. I read bunches, but didn't get through everything I took. I read:

13 1/2 - Nevada Barr
Must Love Hellhounds - Edited by Charlaine Harris
The Grimm Curse - Stephen Carpenter
Divergent - Veronica Roth
Hunting Kat - Kelley Armstrong
Pyxis - K.C. Neal
Hot Six (reread) - Janet Evanovich
Someone Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead - Christiana Miller

All were enjoyable reads, but I have to say I think Pyxis, Divergent and The Grimm Curse were my favorites. Maybe I'm enjoying a second childhood.

sparkchaser, I have "Me Talk Pretty One Day" with me and its next up on the list. I just didn't get to it on holiday. ;)

If anyone is interested, here are some pix of our holiday. Panama 2012 pictures by AtomAlix - Photobucket

Welcome Home!

Welcome Home!

I was reading on Panama's economy a few days ago. The Economist was actually describing the country as a "Latin American Tigress." How things have changed since I was there in the 90's. Panama is definitely on my "to visit again" list. Did you enjoy the food and the snorkling? I remember having such a good time following some tropical fish while snorkling that I ignored the coral that was rubbing my chest and abdomen--talk about pain afterwards, ouch!

There seems to be a lot of living space up in the clouds in Panama City. The way those towers face the water reminds me a bit of Sigapore, with a soupcon of the Frankfurt skyline; quite striking!

As for the hilariously anxious-looking monkey in your holiday snaps, I espy a potential meme, with a caption like "Finals Monday, Shoulda Studied" or "Parenting Test Results Tomorrow".

Back