• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hope Series by David Feintuch

Vorian

This series is a, dare i say it, Masterpeice of Science Fiction literature. The character conflict, the portrail of their personalities and the interaction between them is amazingly well portrailed. The setting and the descriptions of the scenes are graphic but still subtle and easy to understand.

Has anyone else sampled this astounding work and if so what are your thoughts.

incidently i'm just starting Voices of Hope, book 5 in the series.

I've read the entire series. Midshipman's Hope is one of my favorite books. In fact, Midshipman's Hope is supposed to be the August Sci/Fantasy Book Discussion book, but August is about over, so I'll have to start discussing it in September. Thanks for starting this thread because now I can discuss the book in this thread instead of starting a thread myself. Also we can cover the other books in the series as well. I think the book after Midshipman's Hope had the main character acting just a bit too depressed and bitter for my taste. I still liked the action and all, but the characterization just wasn't as good for me as in the first book. I remember times I stayed up until one or two in the morning reading these books. I couldn't put them down.

all considered nicky had just broken his oath to God by refusing an order from a supieror and both his wife and child had just died...

I was planning on buying Midshipman's Hope at the time I made my last post on this thread, but I didn't get around to buying it until today. I hope it doesn't take me four months to start rereading it.:D

Back