• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Horror – The Power of the Imagination

Halcyon

For me, reading presents a very real experience of the story. I have a hard time with "scary" books because I really get into them and I’m often totally freaked out. It’s amazing. Once I had to sleep on the coach for a few days with the timer set. Share your stories of fear and paranoia - and the book that sent you there! Or, at the very least, you can make fun of me. :p

I LOVE reading! I read approximately 5 books per week. I cannot get enough! I really like horror novels because there is a certain power to the imagination. I (with all books) can sometimes fail to differentiate whether or not I've seen something as a movie, because that's what I see when I read.

At this moment, I am reading a true life horror, a memior about the Holocaust called "Return to Auschwitz".

I am glad I've found this forum!

Don't really read horrorstories and I have only read one that had my mind going all sorts of bad places...

Geenh said:
I am glad I've found this forum!
Don't worry we'll soon get that out of you.. Welcome to the forum...

Halcyon said:
Or, at the very least, you can make fun of me. :p

*points finger at you HA ha

not, really i have read a few "scary" books but never got to feel scared, the only one i remember making me nervous its the chapter in queen of the damned where jesse finds claudias diary

mr_michel said:
*points finger at you HA ha

not, really i have read a few "scary" books but never got to feel scared, the only one i remember making me nervous its the chapter in queen of the damned where jesse finds claudias diary

really?? that's strange i just felt exitement!!
i really don't know anything where i was scared!! hmm... help me, i want a book what is really scary!!!

honeydevil said:
really?? that's strange i just felt exitement!!

its probably due to the change of perspective, the whole series its like, oh right im a vampire, i fancy some blood, so i look for a victim drink his blood and kill him/her in the process, and then all the sudden comes this chapter which its told by a human who its gradually getting scared through the chapter.

p.s. or where you talking about the ha ha? :D

honeydevil said:
i really don't know anything where i was scared!! hmm... help me, i want a book what is really scary!!!
I can see if I can find the title of the one that had me all jumpy.

I can recommend one that is SUPER creepy and frightening because of the graphic nature of the book. Depends on what you're into. I like everything... from mild to extreme.

honeydevil said:
okay!! i take everything that sounds good!! :cool:
I think it was Summer of Night by Dan Simmons. Can't tell you why it made me jumpy because I can't really remember it to well.

mr_michel said:
its probably due to the change of perspective, the whole series its like, oh right im a vampire, i fancy some blood, so i look for a victim drink his blood and kill him/her in the process, and then all the sudden comes this chapter which its told by a human who its gradually getting scared through the chapter.

p.s. or where you talking about the ha ha? :D

no no i was talking about the book!! i like anne rice, because she makes you feel sorry for this sucker!! :D

I like how Stephen King once described what the horror writer does. He takes you into a room where there's a table. On the table is a body covered with a sheet. His job is to take you over to the table and guide your hand to explore what is under the sheet. He doesn't pull the sheet off, he guides your hand ...

Back