• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How big is yours?

Halo

... Your pile of books still to be read, that is. What did you think I meant? ;)

I currently have 50 books in my TBR pile, which is frankly ridiculous. I have got to stop buying books until I've read some of the ones I already have. :rolleyes: Is there such a thing as Bibliophiles Anonymous? If not, does someone want to start it? :)

Almost had me scared with that titel.. Together with the "what are you wearing" thread, this could have been a whole new trend on the forum. :eek:

I only have 9 books in my TBR pile, and I don't intend to by more books until I get through them... Yeah right. :)

I'm in the same predicament as you Halo. I have a shelf in my LR that is simply my "reading queue". In addition, it's now turning into a stack on the floor. So I know exactly what you mean. I must have 30-40 books to read.

But the bookstore owners like me, and that's all that matters....right?

i had about 12 in my pile, which is a lot for me so i haven't bought anymore lately. i currently have the pile down to about 4, i think. i used to go buy a book when i'd finished the one i'd been reading, but since i've started buying them online (cheaper), so the pile stays at around 6 or so on average.

10 in my room, several on the bookshelf in my junk/storage room, and about 4 on the library's waiting list, which can be available at any time-I like the thrill of not knowing when one will be available!

Is there anything worse than not having any books waiting to be read?

I have plenty written and unwritten books on my reading list (in case this made someone extremely confused I want to make it clear that they are unwritten on the list, it's not books that haven't been written yet).

I only have two books on the shelf that are waiting to be read at the moment. The library is my main literary income.

Miss Shelf said:

only one thing is worse- not being able to find a book that you are DYING to read

Too many to count! Excluding all the books on my shelf, I keep making mental notes of "I've got to read that" every time I visit a forum like this or open up an email from the book reading yahoo group I'm on!

God, I've got to have somewhere over 25 and under 75, and that's just the ones I already own. I've got quite the wishlist going at Amazon.

Technically, I'd have to say several thousand. I mean, every book I own I bought with the intention of reading, so that should make my TBR list something on the order of 3,000 - 4,000, at a rough guess.
In reality, though, there are only about a half-dozen on the front burner.

Miss Shelf said:
I like the thrill of not knowing when one will be available!
Same here Miss Shelf! Can you do a high five?

ds

Halo said:
... Your pile of books still to be read, that is. What did you think I meant? ;)

I currently have 50 books in my TBR pile, which is frankly ridiculous. I have got to stop buying books until I've read some of the ones I already have. :rolleyes: Is there such a thing as Bibliophiles Anonymous? If not, does someone want to start it? :)

Yep, same problem here...I'd say around 35-40 here. :rolleyes: Ok here I guess I'll start....
ahem(clears throat) :eek: my name is Nicole and I have a book addiction....

Oh geez I have about 30 books in my "to-read pile". My mom gets mad because every time I go to the bookstore or thrift store I come back with like 10 more books, and I have taken over all the shelving in the house for my "library". I'm obsessed.

Well it's really huge

my pile of books of course ;)

I guess i still have little bit over 20 books that i want to read and already own!! But since i have to go to work everyday now, i have a lot of time to read :D so the pile gets smaller every week :p
I guess i won't buy any books over the next few weeks!

Back