• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How big is yours?

Well... all the shelving in my room is full of books, and if it's on one of my shelves, it means I haven't read it yet. So probably around 200 because I buy books with the intention of reading them and then go buy more without finishing the ones I bought last time I went shopping.

My name is Ashley, and I'm addicted to books. *tries to look suitably ashamed*

I counted. 296. Wow.

About three.
But in the vanguard is "Da vinci code"
All online speaks about novel. So i decided to read it first.

Of books actually in my possession, I have about ten. Now, my TBR written list, goodness, I am afraid to count. My little notebook is filling up fast thanks to you folks, *sigh*. :p

funes - you scare me.

Don't be afraid. I am just the "Ghost of Compulsive Book-Buying Future".

For what it is worth, the knowledge that I have more books than I could read in my lifetime has slowed me down. A little.

I have a long line of books beside my bedroom door, but I think I only have 10 or so there to go, plus several on my shelf i haven't got around to reading. I also have a written list of books I want to read...

I have no books that I haven't read.

I;ve gone down to part-time and Uni part-time. I cannot afford books much, although hubby has agreed to buy me some.

I read 5 books a week. It's hard to keep up!

Too many.

:( But mostly because I have some of my boyfriend's books, his mother's books, and my mother's books on my to-be-read list.

150-200 for me. But since there is always a pile of library books around, I won't be able to change that. Some of those books I would have liked to read 2 years ago, but now they don't interest me any more..

Its a whopper, missus

My "To Read" mountain consists of a complete bookcase plus a selection of Amazon boxes of varying sizes piled at its base as if praying to a great deity.

Probably 300+ all told, which I reckon is about 5 years reading at the speed I go. My problem is that for every one book I read, two seem to get bought.

Damn you, Amazon, damn you to hell!!

I thought my paltry 50 was a lot when I posted this thread. Now I see that I don't need to worry just yet! :eek:

There should be a prize for the person with the most books to be read. Would book tokens be appropriate?! :D

:eek: Just counted ... never realised soooo many must be 30 + a few upstairs OMG!
And I was about to add another 1 to my wish list... Going to read instead :)

Wow! I'm a book-acquiring addict and I didn't even know until I saw this question and had to go count--and was shocked to find 143! :eek:
I just cant help it-I go to a yard sale or library sale and there they are--"buy me only 50 cents",or the libraries have "All the books you can put in a bag for two dollars."(you can fit about 20 if you pack 'em right and don't get big volumes) Also both libraries I use have a continuous 'books for sale' section.
These things are way too tempting for an addict to resist.
But of all the things we could be addicted to (I also confess to an addiction to classic films and tea.), reading is possibly the best and least harmful, I think. :cool:

I'm actually really good about reading things when I get them only dleaying for very short periods of time, I have some 3,500 fantasy/sci-fi novels, maybe 100 mystery novels, and maybe 25o other fiction/non-fiction novels (admittedly some are doubles or even triples copies and so forth, when I went back and bought first prints, or limited editons etc). That's hardcover novels (most of them as some first prints are paperback).

I generaly don't buy paperbacks, but if i do I generally donate them to a book exchane place. This is common in books like Dan Brown's which I get jsut to see what the hype is about, fast, quick trashy reads, that are admittedly mildy entertaining at times however.

Ainulindale said:
I'm actually really good about reading things when I get them only dleaying for very short periods of time, I have some 3,500 fantasy/sci-fi novels, maybe 100 mystery novels, and maybe 25o other fiction/non-fiction novels (admittedly some are doubles or even triples copies and so forth, when I went back and bought first prints, or limited editons etc). That's hardcover novels (most of them as some first prints are paperback).
That sounds like an amazing collection! You must have just about everything Sci-Fi, plus much more! Do you collect bios at all?

:eek: Suddenly, my collection has become tiny. And just last night I was thinking I had too many books on my "to be read" list after being prompted to go around and count them by this question on the board. :D Now I cant wait for the next book sale! :cool: I'm addicted, but I don't want to stop!

58 are currently on my actual TBR-Pile. There are certainly more which are already stowed away in the right place in my shelves, I'm too lazy to count those.
While I'm always trying to decrease the pile in zize, it constantly grows. Will be in London for a weekend in 2 Months -> More books on the TBR pile. I've just started making a wanted/not needed list...

Jan

Back