• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How crazy am I to want this?

If you're happy with your MP3 player then I can understand you going for it, are people buying e-readers to make room for vinyl collections...

MP3s are the only way I listen to music anymore. I buy the CD, rip it, and listen. If I bought the vinyl set (hell, I have bought the vinyl set if I knew it was being released), I would have just used the download card to get the MP3s and not played the vinyl.

Are you ever disappointed by the less than stellar songs that are included in large collections, especialy after plunking down the cash?
Just wondering. :confused:

It's Ryan Adams we're talking about so there will be no less than stellar songs. OK, that's not completely true but I checked out the song list and there are no less than stellar songs there.

With the exception of a handful of songs in my library, every MP3 I have comes from a CD I own. My hesitation to buy this particular collection is that all I am getting are the MP3s.

The smart move might be to hope that he reissues this as a CD set, but seeing as how Orion was never issued as a CD that might not happen.

I know, I know, not the same thing. It's odd, I keep buying CDs even though most of the time I listen to music on my mp3 player or on Spotify. I know it's not rational, but I don't own the album until I own a piece of plastic with the name of the album on it.

I agree.

Funnily enough, I don't necessarily feel the same way about eBooks.

Same here. Though in my case it's partly because of portability. If it were possible to transfer my dead tree books to my e-reader, I might feel the same way about e-books. As it is, I can choose to buy a book in either dead tree format or electronic format, whereas when I buy a CD, I get the pure digital version as well.

Hi Sparkchaser: Listened to the clip of Ryan Adams - the first time I've heard of him - loved the piano music - I guess he accompanies himself on the piano, usually don't listen to the radio and all my CD's are a little elderly. His style of music sure, for me, beats all the frantic hollering on some of the rock music where you can't make out what they are singing about or else it's the repetition of a few words. So thumbs up for Ryan Adams. :)

He's an extremely prolific musician, almost annoyingly so.

I celebrate the man's entire catalog but the albums I think you might enjoy are:

Cardinology
Cold Roses
Heartbreaker
Gold

ryan adams - YouTube

Thanks Sparkchaser: Have made a note of your recommendations - he certainly is easy to listen to. :)

Back