• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do I get reimbursed for the Ebook Scandal?

Anthony321

I have been trying to buy ebooks for years on my tablet, but could never bring myself to purchase, because the paper books, I wanted, where always the same price.

Now that I hear that book publishers had been caught illegally price fixing ebooks, I would like to know what rights do I have as a consumer?

From what I read, only past ebook purchases, are provided a discount refund "applied to future ebook purchases"

I have wasted hours of my time over the years, looking for acceptable ebook pricing, that I was never able to find. This always lead me to purchase the paper version.

My time would not have been wasted, had these publishers been following the law. I know that the government and lawyers have profited from this. Do I have any rights, as a consumer? Do I get reimbursed for my wasted time?

I doubt it, as you didn't actually buy any books at an inflated price, I highly doubt you could make a case for reinbursement.

I doubt it, as you didn't actually buy any books at an inflated price

Awfully presumptuous on your part don't you think?

The state attorneys general website is all you need to know. Be doubtful and verify.
https://ebooksagsettlements.com/Home.aspx

"If you bought qualifying E-books through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Apple, Sony, or Google, but you have not received an email or postcard informing you about the Settlements, please call 1-866-621-4153 or emailinfo@EBooksAGSettlements.com. Additional information is also available on theRetailer Account Information page on this website."
https://ebooksagsettlements.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

Awfully presumptuous on your part don't you think?

Far less so than not actually reading the OP I think, where it was stated:

I have been trying to buy ebooks for years on my tablet, but could never bring myself to purchase, because the paper books, I wanted, where always the same price.

and

I have wasted hours of my time over the years, looking for acceptable ebook pricing, that I was never able to find. This always lead me to purchase the paper version.

So no I really don't think I was presuming anything, thanks, and I still don't think anyone can expect a refund on something they didn't actually purchase.

A more correct answer would've been "HAD you purchased an ebook, you would still have time to make a claim."

Last edited:
A more correct answer would've been "HAD you purchased an ebook, you would still have time to make a claim."

I'm perfectly happy with my answer and you gave other information I'm sure some one will find useful as well so there is no need to be so feisty about it. Peace out. :)

Thanks for the links sfg. There is a similar class action pending here in Canada.

Back