• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

how do you feel when u read something awesome, but everyone else hates it to shreds?

Usually, when a response is something similar to "how can you read that crap" there is not much room for debate. If you ask that person why they thought it was crap, they will respond with some ogre response like, "Ugh! It just is..." or something like that, which is when you, the one who enjoyed the book, can put them in their place: ogreville.

sung said:
how does that make u feel if u read something amazing, awe-inspiring, and with a deep and hidden meaning, tell it to the world, and have the world declare it poo?

now, this discussion is about the above statement, but here is an example:
i just read 'the pearl' by john steinbeck in less than 1 1/2 hrs. although the book is very short, it is very good, and i called up my good friend will to recommend the book. now, to my unpleasant surprise, he had already read the book and found it a worthless pile of trash.

do u not find that unnerving? that certain books, as wonderful as they are in your eyes, are nothing in the eyes of people who care nothing for the world of literature? shocking, is it not?

I don't find it unnerving at all. One constant in our would is that even among people that claim themselves to be open minded and respectful of other peoples opinions, your opinions are always excepted as far as they agree with their own. What a wonderful world we live in.

There are few on this board like this that will post their opinion over and over again on the same subject in an effort to drown you out.

Know what to do? Ignore it.

Back