• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many authors have you read?

I've been reading since I was young and turned into a bit of a book worm so I can't possibly say I how many author I have read.

But I generally read Fantasy books now so I can say how many different authors I have read in that genre :) - 65 different authors so far, and I started reading this genre 7 years ago :D

Darren Lewis said:
Hmmm.... Dunno really. I do tend to read everything written by a particular author once I've found I like their style.

I'm the same way. I figure, if I like the writing style, its a good bet I'll like most of the books. There's less worry that I might pick out something that I won't enjoy.

26 years or so of continuous reading...Ive about 200 different authors in my present book collection,so Id say id be looking at over 600 authors all told.

When I discover an author whose style I really like I'll tend to go into a purchasing frenzy, hunting down anything and everything written by them (as clearly portrayed by my monstrous Pratchett, Tolkien and Asimov collections), but nonetheless my bookcases have probable at least 60 authors' work burdening their groaning shelves, and I've read quite a fair few more. Considering that I'm only 15, I shouldn't think that you will have any problem meeting your target whatsoever.

I did - don't you remember? We danced, and stuff.

Oh god, you don't remember?!

How could you do this to me, Bob?

Cheers, Martin

Back