• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many books on the go?

Normally I only ever read one book at a time, because I prefer to concentrate on the one story. But yesterday I broke my own rule, because I was halfway through The Taking when The Magicians' Guild arrived, and I really couldn't wait to start reading it! So poor old Koontz has taken a back seat for the moment.

sanyuja said:
If one book could satisfy all reading needs, then we would read only that book and never ever bother to read any other book, right? ;)

that's what i tried to say!! thanks for helping me!! :D

hay82 said:
I don't think it's fair for a book if you read more than one at a time. Just think of the book's feelings, it might be thinking "am I not good enough, can't I satisfy all the reading needs?"
sanyuja said:
If one book could satisfy all reading needs, then we would read only that book and never ever bother to read any other book, right? ;)
Don't say that, it'll make me wanna cryyyy...

I'm reading 6 books at the moment :S
The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket, Letters to Alice (on first reading Jane Austen) by Fay Weldon, Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, The Birds and other Short stories by Daphne DuMaurier, Lady Chatterleys Lover by DH Lewis and The Odyssey by Homer
I always have at least 3 on the go (Lolita is *always* being read over and over)

water faerie said:
Wow, Alice, 6 books? I don't think I could do that! Two, maybe, but not 6.

Yeh I'm strange ... I have one for the bus, one before bed, one for the bath ..:rolleyes:
Actually I'm reading The Odyssey at College so I don't really have much choice on that one :)

Back