• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How often do you read?

actonbell said:
I try to read whenever I get the chance. Unfortunately, I have a couple coworkers who think I read because I have no one to talk to, so the plop down next to me and...start talking. *sigh* Fortunately, I can always read at home!
LOL. I can sympathize. There are girls at my school who see me sitting alone and can't figure out that I'm alone because I feel like it (and reading for that reason, too.) It's not that I don't have any friends; they're just scattered far and wide and I don't see them much.

I usually read every evening after dinner and before bed, if I can avoid doing homework or work during that time. I don't bring a book everywhere I go, however, because a) Often it's a big book and extra weight and 2) if I have my book with me at work I'd never be able to concentrate on what I should be doing :eek: :p

Some days I can read all day...somedays not at all. Every spring time I get busy with work, so my reading time goes down.

I carry a book with me, if not just leaving it in the car (you know, in case I get stuck in traffic);)

I try to read every day. Usually it's a chapter or two before I go to bed. Although I always have a book in case there's other free time during the day for it. I finished a mid-term for U.S. Foreign Policy earlier so I whipped out a paperback romance and spent nearly thirty minutes reading it before the last test was finished and turned in. *sighs* Lecture time then...

I try to read at least for two hours before going to bed each night, although lately it has been somewhat tougher to do it that way as I start to yawn at around 11:30 (I usually head to bed at around 11). I have been getting up at 6:30 or 7 in the morning on most weekdays. Also I have been on AIM or MSN talking to friends online more than I have been reading in the last little while.

I generally read every day. I always feel a bit lost without a book so I usually take one with me everywhere - even if I know that I probably won't get a chance to read it - you never can tell when you will be stuck waiting somewhere!

Is it even possible not to read every day?:eek: :) I usually read between 30-50 pages, unless I have the day off, and then I'll read more. If it's a really busy day and I only manage to read 5 pages or so, I feel annoyed and unsatisfied. I'm an addict.:D

I read twice a day. Averaging forty-five minutes each morning and again at night. Lots of variation, depending on engrossing qualities of book, other obligations and so on.

chop_chop said:
I generally read every day. I always feel a bit lost without a book so I usually take one with me everywhere - even if I know that I probably won't get a chance to read it - you never can tell when you will be stuck waiting somewhere!
So true! The times that I didn't think that I would be needing a book were the ones where I most desparately wished to read. An example would be earlier this year when I was riding with two friends to the mall, which is an hour's drive. Basically they talked amongst themselves and had the CD player blaring with rock music that got on my nerves after awhile. Needless to say I had purchased a book from Borders so I had something for the ride back.

Gosh, what I read is sooooo sad. In the last 6 months work has consummed me and I am not able to pick up a book for any amount of time. I am still reading the same book I started about 2 months ago. I really hope with it being spring that we will be getting out to our cabin more often and I will find more time to read. We will see :rolleyes:

I read during my lunch hour every day at work. I try to get in some reading time when I get home, but some nights I'm just so tired all I want to do is zone out and watch TV or play a game. :eek: Weekends aren't much better either, but I usually can get a few hours in.

I read at least once a day...even if I am falling asleep on my feet, I "make" myself read at least one chapter from my current book - I put "make" in quotes because as soon as I get a few words in, I forget my fatigue usually and am completely absorbed...which can be dangerous when I emerge an hour later feeling sick because I am so tired. Thankfully, this doesn't happen often. :) But, yea, my reading time before bed is something I cherish...it's when I get to be with just myself and a story, and nothing is being asked of me except to let the story take me where it will. If I can afford to, I also read during the day as well, often while I am eating.

Donna

when do I not read? hmm, let's think....when i'm doing homework, on the computer, or at school(well, not counting history class. i read then). And i don't read in history class cuz it's boring, but because ....well, our teacher keeps telling us things we already knowl. but anyway...my life kinda revolves around books.

I read every day. I always have a book with me. My hour lunch break is usually spent reading, the I usually read before I go to bed as well.

I read before I go to bed about 20 pages form each book I am reading. Which right now is about two. Yeah.

Back