• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How often do you read?

If i'm not on the computer i'm reading. If i'm not reading i'm getting food or drink. If i'm not getting food or drink or i'm not reading i'm watching the TV. If i'm not doing any of the previously mentioned activities im at school or sleeping (or maybe sleeping in maths - algebra, the worlds most effective sleeping pill!) and even then I read during all my spare time during school!

I read every chance i can get.I have a 9 month old baby.So i read when she's napping or watching her baby einstein video.I also read when every one is in bed if i'm not to tired.I try and at least read an hour a day.On weekends I go to the library by myself so i can read in peace.

My old man is going away for a conference today... until Saturday. He's afraid everything (my dog, daughter,rat) will die from starvation/dehydration.

Last night he said to me "That's it, I'm going to start reading all the time now and we'll see what happens when we both have our noses stuffed in a book!". He was being a martyr and histrionic because that's his way.

Thing is, I cannot stop reading and like a drug, I get a bit nuts when I cannot read. I carry a book everywhere with me, although I'm not allowed to bring one into restaurants. I have an 'emergency' book in the glove box of my car.

*sigh* I need help.

I read a couple of hours each day. Mostly I read stuff for Uni which is quite a bit, and if I feel like it I'll read a couple of hours in whatever book I'm reading for fun at the moment.
Love the vacations where I don't have to read anything but what I want.

On the Bus on the way to work. On the bus on the way home from work. Before bed. A few hours on the weekend. I do other stuff, too ya' know............REALLY!!!

Lately I read more 'about' books than actually the books themselves....

If I read, I read for hours, for days, I don't eat, sleep, talk, walk and my pets hate me and my books. I did buy them extra large water bowls....

My opinion on reading

:D i think that reading is a gift. we have a language, but i think that the fact that we are able to manipulate it in a way that allows us to create our own worlds. we, as humans have created a common secular conciousness in which any thing can happen. from a 20th century french chocolatier, to a 6ft tall bunny rabbit, we have pushed the boundaries of our own realities and broken them.

Infinity said:
I'd say I spend about 5-7 hours reading every weekday and 8-15 hours on weekend (I even bring a book to read when eating out at a restaurant or going to shops with parents). I always stay up very late, usually until midnight, to read books. I'm glad I'm still young, just 15 years old, and have a lot of time to read. Unlike me, my parents love to read too but they cannot manage more than 1/2 hour reading on each weekday and 3 hours on weekend.

As you can see, I love to read. Reading is one of my habits. I usually borrow more than 5 books in the local library. I go to library and bookstore every weekend. I often buy about 2-3 books everytime I'm in a bookstore. I cannot come home from a bookstore without at least purchasing one book.

Oops, now I sound like a bookworm. That's what half of the people I know call me... :-(

wow~you really read a lot! it's COOL!!
but 5-7 hours a day?? is that really possible?
i am also 15 but i really don't have 5 hours a day to read!
don't you have homework to do or tests to revise?
i do like reading like you but i can only manage about 1 to 2 hours a day when i have to go to school, but i will use my time reading while travelling or recess at school

Infinity said:
I often buy about 2-3 books everytime I'm in a bookstore. I cannot come home from a bookstore without at least purchasing one book.

I have the same problem. Im considering one of those wrong thought causes an electric shock things. I can see it now "O, i think ill buy this book" ZAP!

I used to read a lot, all the time in fact, but nowadays it's weird. I'm so busy with work and everything that I frequently don't read for months on end. I try and read, but find I just can't get into it. And then one day I just pick up and book and ZOOOOOOOOOOM, off I go.

I am on something of a reading streak at the moment, averaging a book or more a week (last week it was two), and I'm loving it, but it won't last.

I read mostly on my spare time. The more, the better...
That's how it goes. Right now I am on my third book this year. I try to read as much as possible, but I guess I am just a busy person. Usually, I tend to speed through a book in no time at all. I say I read everyday. Everywhere you go, at any given time, something will be read.
I always read before I go to sleep at night too!

Love to Read!

I love to read every day. Sometimes I would rather read than talk to people! How unsociable is that?! Reading is my way of escaping. Often the book is better than the reality of normal life. If I'm not having a good day I lose myself in a book. If the book is good enough I've been known to read it all day long. Reading is never a waste of time if you enjoy it. I can't understand people who don't read. They are missing out on so much.
:confused:

Talbyreader said:
I love to read every day. Sometimes I would rather read than talk to people! How unsociable is that?! Reading is my way of escaping. Often the book is better than the reality of normal life. If I'm not having a good day I lose myself in a book. If the book is good enough I've been known to read it all day long. Reading is never a waste of time if you enjoy it. I can't understand people who don't read. They are missing out on so much.
:confused:
Some people find their 'escape' by self harming themself either by smoking or drugs or any other way, so reading is a safe escape :)

I read about two hours + (depending on my school work load) in bed with my boyfriend before we go to sleep every night.

RainbowGurl said:
Some people find their 'escape' by self harming themself either by smoking or drugs or any other way, so reading is a safe escape :)

Agreed :) So am I;)
I read very often ... When I work, I spend all free time to read some interesting books.

I cannot read in bed as I have a bit of insomnia. According to one of the insomnia breaking habits is to only do two things in bed... one is sleeping (or trying to) and the other isn't reading.

I read every spare moment I get. Currently it's about 5-6 hours a day. :) The only place I can't really read is in bed.

I read in the car when someone else is driving, during homeroom, on the internet, whatever. I read whenever I can, basically. I always take whatever I am reading with me to school, when I go out, all the time. I'm a total bookworm.

Back