• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How often do you read?

As often as I can, which isn't as often as I like. :( I do a huge chunk of reading on the weekend (sometimes I don't even get out of my flat :eek: ), and try to read on weeknights, depending how tired I am.

I kinda miss catching the train into work, because I used to be able to get at least 2 hours of reading done a day. :D

I read everyday for a couple of hours, more if I have time though I am laughed at by my housemate for always walking around the house with a book under my arm.

More recently I have started writing again in a desperate attempt to actually finish a novel, and find that I am actually a little scared to pick up a book, lest it affect my flow. I am getting over it though :)

I don't get to read as much as I used to because I have soooo much homework this semester. But I do always set aside at least 30 minutes before I go to bed each night, and I try and sneak in as much as I can when I'm waiting for my classes to start.

I read as much as I can, usually about 3 hours a day, more on the weekends. I always carry a book with me no matter where I go because I like to take advantage of any spare moment I have. I envy all of you who can read 5 or 6 hours a day!

I usually read 1, sometimes 2 books at a time, never more. Usually i read when i drive to work or university, i always read during my working time :cool: and i sometimes read at home, if i'm not doing something else :p
Don't really know how much hours that would be, but i would guess something about 4 to 5 hours a day!

Yes, i am, but right now i have to work, i have to do my Zivildienst (don't know how i can translate it into english, best translation would be: civil work or social work i guess!), and because i have to do this work, i have "hollydays" from studying. Which means i took 2 Semesters off from studying so i can do this work.

I only read one book at a time. It's hard for me to mix stories in my head by reading more than one book at a time. Ideally I'd like to read 100 pages a day, but that's usually not realistic because I've got so many hobbies. I find mainly my art takes up most of the time that I'd otherwise be reading. But I always make time at least before I go to bed. Heh heh - I ended up buying a rather large purse a month or so ago. It's big enough to even put a hardback in there! So needless to say, I'm always prepared no matter where I go.

bobbyburns said:
what were you studying?

I studied Theater-, Film- und Medienwissenschaft i think it's the same subject as Drama, but i'm not sure :rolleyes:

I will continue studying it, after i finished this year of work and i will probably take Literature as a second subject!!

I don't read as much as I would like, but I read everyday.
I read on the train, and during most lunchtimes. I used to read a lot at home, but I don't have the time anymore (and I probably spend too much time on the internet!)

I think I'm reading 10 - 14 books a month on average at the moment.

I love to read, but I won't let it take me away from the important things in life. Sometimes I have a few hours to spend, sometimes the only time I have to read is the commute home.

i read as much as i can. probably 3 hrs on the weekdays and 5-6hrs on the weekends.
plus it depends if i like the book a lot.

Back