• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How shameless can one get!

Gita V.Reddy

Self-promoting is definitely shameless.

I have already promoted three books in so many months:

1.The Vigil and Other Stories (Paperback publication by a publisher).
2.King Neptune's Delite (Kindle e book)
3.Dearie the Deer (Kindle e book).

Since Dearie the Deer, I have self published three more books on kindle but have been unable to bring myself to post individual threads here. How much more shameless it is to promote six books when promoting even a single book is shameless!

Thankfully, the forum is Member Publications / Shameless Self- Promotion.

As a member of BAR, here is an update of my recent publications.

1. ANOTHER MIDSUMMER NIGHT's DREAM Age Group: 8-12 Science Fiction

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_410RnO3UyjL._AA160_.jpg

For many centuries, people have been abducted from Earth and taken to Planet Superior where, if found suitable, they are given the status of Superzens. And if not, they are returned to earth, their trip just a memory...Indrashish, however, returns with concrete evidence.

http://www.amazon.com/Another-Midsummer-Nights-Dream-ebook/dp/B00DJ3PLB8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1372486936&sr=1-1&keywords=gita v reddy

2. THE FORBIDDEN FOREST Age Group: 8-12 Adventure/ Mystery

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51IZEdKwU4L._AA160_.jpgSince two years, the forest beside Kushalpur has become a dangerous place. The cries of cheetahs and leopards shatter the silence of the night.Naturally, no one goes into the forest any longer. It is a Forbidden Forest.

Animals usually do not stray far from their drinking hole and dense forest cover. What is behind this strange animal behavior? Is it linked to the factory that appears to be shut down but isn't?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Forbidden-Forest-ebook/dp/B00DHF8DK4/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1372486936&sr=1-4&keywords=gita v reddy

3. KRISHTA, DAUGHTER OF MARTEV Age Group: 8-12 Science Fiction

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41_2B4B1OGZRL._AA160_.jpgKrishta, of Ayzeon, has a problem. She is just not able to understand the sciences that are taught at school. As a last ditch effort, she accompanies her father, Martev, among the greatest scientists in the universe, to Planet Earth. As the sciences are still at a very fundamental stage on Earth, she hopes to understand the basics and build upon them.
Suraj, working in his school chemistry lab, discovers Krishta and along with his sister Sunita, tries to help her as much as possible. Everything is fine except that Ikor, banished from Ayzeon for his violent ways, has tracked down Martev and seeks revenge…..
http://www.amazon.com/Krishta-Daughter-of-Martev-ebook/dp/B00DB7V47C/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1372486936&sr=1-5&keywords=gita v reddy

Thank you and Best Regards,
Gita V Reddy

LOL Gita - self promotion might require you to be "shameless" but advertising is an essential part of selling!

Wishing you the best with these.

LOL Gita - self promotion might require you to be "shameless" but advertising is an essential part of selling!

Wishing you the best with these.

Thanks. I need a whole lot of luck for these and the ones that are closely following. The poor things have been locked up for a very long time.

Some of the stories I will bring on kindle are from yellowing pages; I had written them years ago. Others have moved from floppies and CDs to Pen Drives, and have traveled from my Desktop computer to my note book, via a lap top.

Hello again,

My books since the last update are:

The Missing Girl
Theft at the fair and Other Stories
The Dinosaur Puzzle and Other Stories.

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_517DIJpHVoL._AA160_.jpgaecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41c_CfQ_qkL._AA160_.jpgaecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51lB1YGDfxL._AA160_.jpg

The books are primarily for children in the age group 8-12. Though the books constitute a mixed bag of stories, the USP is an absence of violence and dark matter; there are no vampires and 'undead' and zombies.

A little about the books.

The Missing Girl
http://www.bookandreader.com/threads/the-missing-girl-age-8-12.25841/

Theft at the fair and Other Stories
http://www.amazon.com/Theft-Other-Stories-Mystery-ebook/dp/B00DW2PZSA/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1375675451&sr=1-6&keywords=gita v reddy
'The Theft and Other Stories', starts a new series, ' 'IT's A MYSTERY! As the name suggests, the books in this series will have short stories based on mysterious happening and of course, brilliant solutions.

This book has four stories.

Hitesh: Case 1 : The burglary has everyone puzzled. Hitesh, child prodigy, chess master, math whiz kid, says the thief came on a camel and used a ladder. The police Inspector finds this hard to believe but such is everyone faith in Hitesh that the inspector decides to question a group of camel drivers. What if Hitesh is wrong?

Shanta Tai Jasoos: An advertisement appears in all leading newspapers for the sale of Mr.Sarma's house but he does not want to sell his house! Obviously, a gang of criminals wants his house desperately. Shanta Tai, their maid of twelve years and the children, Dev and Deepa, decide to do something.

Theft at the Fair: Chitra and her cousins go to the fair and little Aarti, their two year old cousin, follows them.
Chitra is the oldest and it becomes her responsibility to take care of the younger ones. She does too, by keeping them together and keeping Aarti close. The fair is crowded and there are many sights like the Well of Death, the Hall of Mirrors, etc.

They return home and it is found that Aarti is missing an ornament. When she had followed them, she was decked up in all traditional finery for a family function. Chitra blames herself and feels the others do too. She is determined to find the thief for which she revisits the fair and its dangers too!

The Mother Goddess: A motherless boy, Jeevan, spends most of his time in the temple of Mother Saraswathi. To him the goddess is his friend and mother. So he is naturally devastated when the idol disappears from the shrine.
He finds a clue that leads to the idol being recovered before it is smuggled out of the country, to be sold as an antique.

The Dinosaur Puzzle and Other Stories
http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Puzzle-Other-Stories-ebook/dp/B00EBQ9MW6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1375675451&sr=1-1&keywords=gita v reddy
A mixed bag of short stories for the holidays. Read to find out…..

What does Ananda’s great grandmother have to do with the missing bones of a dinosaur?
Ayub finds a wounded ‘soldier’ and hides him. What are the consequences?
When Appu finds a baby elephant in trouble and helps him, what does it lead to?

And much more….

Is the black hill really Ghost Town? How lucky is Raghu’s marble? Lucky enough to track a major archeological find?

Seven stories of fun and adventure!

Please get the books for the children in your family / forward the link to friends.

I have also coauthored a book with L.Meadow (Meadow 337 on BAR) for which we have a separate thread.
http://www.bookandreader.com/threads/out-of-the-writers-room-comes-a-book.25810/

The proceeds of Take 2, a book created in BAR itself, will go to charity. Please support the book and post your reviews on amazon.com.

Best Regards, Best wishes,

Gita

Last edited:
My latest is HUNT FOR THE HORSEMAN

Ages 9-12 Pages: 191 Format: Kindle e book

Amrita Mahal is a beautiful palace in the middle of a scenic lake, surrounded by green hills. It holds many secrets; not the nasty kind but fun secrets!

The palace is more than a century old. When it was constructed, the queen got many secret compartments made, the purpose of which was only to delight. These compartments were hidden in ledges, behind paintings, in statues, behind wall panels..and in every other place imaginable.

After India became a republic, the descendants of the queen were no longer royalty. Many of them left their erstwhile kingdom and settled in different places but Amrita Mahal remained their family home. They enjoyed gathering there and whenever they spent time at Amrita Mahal, they invariably had the ‘Hunt for the horseman.’

This was a game, like a treasure hunt, and it had been played, unsuccessfully, by every generation of the family. The prize was not treasure but a toy hidden one hundred and twenty five years ago by Prince Surya Bhanu. The toy was an exquisitely made horse and rider, and Surya Bhanu had hidden it when his brother had tried to snatch it from him. The palace was filled with secret chambers; he had hidden it in one of the hidey-holes. He had hidden it so well that generations had failed to trace it.
Twelve year old Sandy is a member of the family. She has always lived in America. She comes to Amrita Mahal for the biggest family gathering ever; one hundred and fifty members have gathered at Amrita Mahal.

Sandy is soon at home in the palace and finds the family very warm and loving. She is shocked to learn that this could be the last family gathering at the palace because the palace could soon be taken away from the family by the land mafia. The family is fighting a losing battle in court to save what is rightfully theirs.

In spite of these problems, the hunt for the horseman is on. It is filled with fun and adventure and surprises; some delightful, some nasty. The children are determined to find the horseman as this could be their last chance. One of the children, a computer whiz kid, designs a software to help organize the search.

Meanwhile, as the court hearing approaches, the thugs resort to very dangerous games.
Will the horseman be found? More important, are the children safe? Will Amrita Mahal be saved?
Read on for a roller coaster ride of fun, thrill, adventure, mystery and more….

EXCERPT:
The first room they entered had a lot of paneling. Avi stood on his toes and tapped a panel that was very high up. The cane was heavy and he was not holding it tightly. It swung to one side, hit a carved figure on the head, slipped from Avi’s hand, fell on a stone table and rolled on to a brass footstool. A compartment opened in the wall below a window!

“What did I do?” Avi asked, his mouth open in amazement.

They spent an hour trying to find what had opened the compartment. Though they tried the panel, the picture, the table and the foot stool again and again, they could not shut the compartment. “Maybe I broke it but it was a mistake,” Avi said but he didn’t sound sorry. He picked up the heavy cane to continue the search. Meghana was careful to stay as far away from him as possible because she did not want the stick to land on her head by another ‘mistake’. By the end of the day, they found another new hiding place and also finished checking out the ones listed.

EXCERPT:
Sudesh landed with a splash and went down into the black waters like a stone. He was filled with blind panic. He couldn’t breathe, his lungs were bursting with the need to breathe. He felt his heart hammering. He was going to die!

He needed to come to the surface. As he struggled, the panic receded. “I have to survive,” Sudesh told himself and begun using his swimming lessons. He made strokes to push down the water and came up to the surface and stayed there, treading water. He filled his lungs with air and turned on his back, all the time staying afloat.

The walls of the well rose high around him. It was scary. He again experienced panic. What would happen if the rest of the wall crumbled in? He would be buried in the well. He had to think of escape. He had to find a way to climb out. Until then he would have to stay afloat.

Sudesh saw footholds in the sides of the well but he would not be able to climb out of the well using them; they were too far apart.

Please check out the book on this link:
Amazon.com: Hunt for the Horseman eBook: Gita V.Reddy: Kindle Store

Back