• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How soon after one book do you start your next?

I always immediately jump into the next book. I have no problem what so ever with having to let the previous book 'settle in' for a period of time. I'm experiencing the book as I read it, and when I close the book, that world is gone.

I'm not saying books have no impact on me, I'm just saying that that impact doesn't force me to wait a certain amount of time.

Cheers, Martin :D

Same night or next day

When I'm nearing the end of a book (30 pgs. or less) I get so involved at the ending that I need to finish it nonstop. By the time I do, I'm so into reading that I usually start my next book immediately if I have the free time. Starting a new book either the same night or the next day is a soft rule of mine.

Normally I start a new book within an hour or so of finishing my current one, or sometimes I'll start a new book right before I finish my current one, and end up going back and forth between the two. It depends on the story though, if it's something with a lot of meaning, then I sometimes decide to give myself a while to let everything I read 'set in', so to speak.

Almost immediately.

I finish a book, write a review for it, then pick my next book straight away, and I'll usually read the first few chapters of it.

I need to be reading something. Just the thought of not being in the middle of a book scares me.
:D

Soon as i finish a book, I start a new one... i try to mix them up though, so not all sci-fi, get a bit of trashy stuff in between

igkuk7 said:
Almost immediately.

I finish a book, write a review for it, then pick my next book straight away, and I'll usually read the first few chapters of it.

I need to be reading something. Just the thought of not being in the middle of a book scares me.

I usually can't write a review that quickly...I have to digest the book first. I write a review a few days later (I always write reviews, but I post them on my weblog...its mostly for my readers there).

I always write reviews. All can be found here: http://www.igkuk7.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ Click Books at the top, then choose a category at the bottom to find all the older reviews.

Some of the older ones are very bare and quite frankly, rubbish. But I have taken to writing a tad bit more recently, so some of the newer books have longer reviews. Don't expect nothing special though, I mainly do it to record my thoughts of the book immediately after I have finished it.

Igkuk, I go there regularly as I enjoy your review of the books. Keep going. How do you set up with your website?

Well, I write it all in Notepad, save it as .html then bung it onto my blueyonder server. None of this new-fangled Front Page or Dreamweaver for me, just pure HTML.

I guess it must be halfway decent, 600+ people can't be wrong. :p

And hear is a funny fact from a few weeks back. Somebody stumbled across my website while googling "steam train a-rolling".

Again depends, sometimes straight after finishing the last one, sometimes, if late at night, I will either leave it till next day, or just read a page of the new one :p

I tend to start my next book immediately, or the next day if I finished it at about 1 am. I have to be reading something, or I get withdrawal symptoms! :)

Back