• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How to begin?

kokopelli

I've been looking at the other new members' introduction and see that most just say hello and tell what kinds of books they enjoy. So I'll stick with the tried and true routine. I'm very happy to be here and look forward to lots of great conversation, book reviews, and introduction to new books I don't know about now.

If I had to pick a favorite genre, I would say historical fiction, because I adore painless, entertaining learning. And lately I've become enamored of history and politics, both of which held no interest whatsoever for me when I was out in the world barely having time to think, much less worry about history and government. I love literary fiction of all types and also just-for-fun fiction like The Hunger Games. I also love well written nonfiction, but when I say "well written," I mean not boring and almost like fiction. I also have tons of survival books, especially ones that involve the ocean or extreme cold. And also how-things-work books, like the ones by David McCullough. And spiritual self-help books. Maybe I'd better quit now, or I'll just keep writing about the kinds of books I like. I pretty much like them all.

Thanks to you all for inviting me in!

Hi Kokopelli,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure you'll find somebody who responds to whatever part of your reading interests you at the moment.
I like your positive attitude toward books of all sorts. I think there are very few truly bad books -- books about which nothing good can be said -- but not everyone agrees with that, I don't think. And that is what makes for horse races and discussions here on the forum.
Good luck with your reading and may you be encouraged by the responses you receive.
Sincerely
Peder
:flowers:

Hi, Peder,

Thank you for your nice welcome. I seem to get on specific tracks of type of book for a while, and then I'll find something else that attracts my attention, but maybe that's just evidence of my ADHD (just kidding). Like you, I find that most books offer something of value, but there's a wide gamut there. I love the smile and flower icon! Such a nice little gift.

Thanks for your reply,
Just at the moment I am stuck dead in the midst of several books and can't get restarted. Other things are getting in the way -- like trying to make progress on a memoir, and polish a few poems for submission by Sept 1 to a contest down here (New Orleans). And then there's life, too, which gets in the way. :sad:
Best wishes
Peder

Back