1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How To Promote Your Book? Help? Tips, Advice, Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Member Publications | Shameless Self-Promotion' started by Meadow337, Aug 15, 2013.

1. chinastefani

chinastefani New Member

It is really time consuming to do social media promotions. I personally hate it but I just started it and I hope it goes well. Though the only thing is, I don't know anyone at all. But regardless I'm still working on my series and hoping by the time its finished I will have followers. First book is already written but needs editing.

2. kwanloo

kwanloo New Member

3. Raúl Sánchez Gilo

Raúl Sánchez Gilo New Member

Hi, all. Thanks for the advices. I would like to add: I´ve just found that other interesting place to promote your book is in Pinterest. It is mainly focused on photos, but since for each photo you can edit an external link, it is easy to upload and link all the places where your book can be found/purchased, etc. Hope it helps you.

4. Sally Connors

Sally Connors New Member

Carlos do you know where I can find a list of those sites?

5. Stella Stoker

Stella Stoker New Member

Social Media really is key. Having a great website where readers can connect with you also helps with your professional appearance as well. But the great news is, there's plenty of different platforms for you to try a variety of ways to connect. Facebook is simple. Short text posts about your life, writing etc. Maybe a cute photo of your dog, your hike, whatever. Just something to let readers know what you're up to. Personally, I post short writing snippets of my work on there to get people interested. It's what got me into my latest project since I decided to serialize a novel because of it and I'm updating parts of it weekly on amazon. So that's content right there.
    Other options include youtube. You could create your own channel if you are comfortable with it to talk about craft, etc. but if you aren't there is actually a THRIVING community on there called booktube with plenty of people willing to read/review books for their channel. Bookstagram is also a thing, which includes accounts on instagram solely dedicated to books.
    Also, with Twitter, hashtags are key. Things like #amwriting or #freeebooks allow users talking about similar topics to find you. It's a great way to connect.
    Besides which, if you're just starting out, be sure to check book bloggers. They're a great resource for reviews but also author interviews, giveaways, etc. Some book bloggers even allow advertising which gives you access to readers right away. Advertisements can run anywhere from $5 to $50 depending on the blogs popularity and size of the ad.
    Also join goodreads and utilize that. Again, it's a huge resource for readers and a great place to get possible reviewers for your book. On the subject of reviewers: check similar books on amazon to see who has reviewed them and use that as a way to get reviews for your own product. Sorry if this is really long but I've been collecting a lot of info on the subject for my own benefit, so I thought I'd share my findings. -Stella

6. Raúl Sánchez Gilo

Raúl Sánchez Gilo New Member