• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

HP & HBP: Kids or Adult Cover

Rogue

I just took a look at the new Harry Potter and I have to say that I really don't like the cover of the Kids Edition.
Harry looks stupid and something is up with his scar. Dumbledore looks like a madman. This time the Adult Edition looks much cooler.
Do you think "Advanced Potion Making" means something?

aimg263.echo.cx_img263_8125_kis1xw.jpg aimg263.echo.cx_img263_9595_074758110x03lzzzzzzz9cj.jpg

I adore your avatar! That thing's gorgeous.

I really like the Adult one this time. All the other Adult Editions looked pretty strange.

I prefer the adult version. Harry looks weird on the cover of the childrens one and isn't his scar supposed to be further up by his hairline and off to one side as oppose to in the middle?

Sorry - inconsistencies like that bug me :eek:

Sar said:
As usual, the cover for the American edition looks much better
You're right the US Edition is way better. I didn't realize that there are different covers for America.

Ice said:
I prefer the adult version. Harry looks weird on the cover of the childrens one and isn't his scar supposed to be further up by his hairline and off to one side as oppose to in the middle?
It should. Furthermore it looks like its running down his nose now.

Ice said:

Sorry - inconsistencies like that bug me :eek:

That's one of my major, major gripes in the films - his scar keeps moving.

I think that the US covers have always been different, they always drew Harry much more the way I imagined him.

Rogue said:
I didn't realize that there are different covers for America.
Many children's books published in other countries have alternate covers created, probably by artists from the country where the book is printed. The Harry Potter Fan Zone has small cover images; some similar to the US or UK editions, some original (compare Spain, Japan, Finland, Italy, Ukraine..)

Mm, I'm not keen on any of them, not even the American version. The adult one is OK. I didn't like the look of the UK kids' edition from the moment I saw it, but I've ordered that edition anyway because all my other HP books are the kids' edition.

I think that the Amercian edition is the best animated one. The adult version because it is more of a photograph, it makes Harry Potter seem more real like as if that book Advanced Potions is just some ordinary book. I wonder what advanced potions has to do with the book though....I highly doubt that Harry made it in to Snape's advanced potions class but the class must have some importance if it made the cover!

I definitely like the American one better....good thing that's the one I'll be getting.

I think he might have gotten into Advanced Potions...that is, if he is truly following his path to be an Auror. And Dumbledore has stopped Snape from failing Harry before...so if Harry managed to successfully take his potions exam, then maybe he's in the class.

The American cover is cleaner, but that scene could just as easily be from The Goblet of Fire.

The advanced potions making book on the adult cover is interesting, because as I recall, Harry chosen profession requires the advanced potions class. That could imply something very significant is going to happen in that class.

The Childrens (non-US) version is interesting. Could that be Harry and Dumbledore doing battle side-by-side, or perhaps Dumbledore tutoring Harry.

Robert said:
Could that be Harry and Dumbledore doing battle side-by-side, or perhaps Dumbledore tutoring Harry.

As in Harry fighting Dumbledore?

I like the idea of Harry being tutored maybe continuing the classes Occulonomy (I know that is butchered) that Dumbledore wanted Harry to take and Snape quit teaching him. Maybe in order for Harry to be in Advanced Potions he needed a tutor but Snape refused to tutor Harry.

Another thought could the basin-like thing be the Pendulum (the thing where you put your thoughts/memories into) from the last book?

h_carnahan said:
As in Harry fighting Dumbledore?

I like the idea of Harry being tutored maybe continuing the classes Occulonomy (I know that is butchered) that Dumbledore wanted Harry to take and Snape quit teaching him. Maybe in order for Harry to be in Advanced Potions he needed a tutor but Snape refused to tutor Harry.

Another thought could the basin-like thing be the Pendulum (the thing where you put your thoughts/memories into) from the last book?

It could easily be a basin being used for potions lessons.

Mugglenet.com has some interesting thoughts about the covers posted.

Kookamoor said:
Could Snape be the Half Blood Prince?

I've seen that thought posted somewhere before. I suppose it's possible. We are suppose to learn a lot more about Snape in book 6.

I am glad I'm getting the American edition, I like that cover best.

Could Snape be the Half Blood Prince?

Kook- could be, I think Snape is going to have a big part in the next book, after all the last book started feeding a lot of his story into the mix.

Is Snape a half-blood, though?

I think the American cover is the best, but I still like the UK versions (even the kid's version). I think the Advanced Potions book means Harry got into the class. And I think the thing in the American version is a Peinsive(sp?).

Back