• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

HP & HBP: Kids or Adult Cover

Kookamoor said:
Could Snape be the Half Blood Prince?

Oooooo I really like that idea, I would like more to be disclosed about Snape. As has alerady been said, not long to wait now though.

Robert said:
4 days 15 hours 38 minutes 6 seconds.

I'm not sure this is healthy!

You can all swing by my house and get my copy. My mom ordered one for me, but who knows when I'll get to it (not exactly high on the priority list). It'll be here Saturday.

mehastings said:
I'm not sure this is healthy!

You can all swing by my house and get my copy. My mom ordered one for me, but who knows when I'll get to it (not exactly high on the priority list). It'll be here Saturday.

Not healthy to look forward to release of a new book?

I'll pick up a copy when I'm in town on Saturday. I should be done with King's 'From A Buick 8' tonight, and Cussler's 'Trojan Odyssey' Friday or early Saturday, so I should be able to read it as soon as I get home.

mehastings said:
It was a joke cause you guys have it down to the second, which I thought was funny.

Down to the second? Why whatever do you mean?

3 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes, 14 seconds

I've got no choice but to buy the U.K Kids version.As it is the first edition to reach where I live.

I don't favor books such as HP or LOTR that has real-pic covers such as the Adult version of HP6, I do prefer for ALL books to have illustrated covers, and quite favor the American version a lot, since I do enjoy looking at Mary Grandpre's work.

I like the Adults cover the best, but the only one available here was the U.K kids one :( . I've been told that the US has different covers made for DVDs and books because of marketing strategies. Apparently people there are more compelled to buy things if they are colourful and have a lot going on, whereas here, and probably the UK as well, they can put a bit more thought into the cover as we are not so attracted to the bright colours but by the actual look of the thing. Anyone else heard this too? :confused:

I would've personally prefer the Scholastic's edition all the way.But I have only the first 2 in that.The remaining are the ones by Bloomsbury.

I got the first and second books with leather covers. Very nice. I wish they had continued making all the books with leather covers.

In the UK we can get boxsets of all the books currently released in deluxe hardback. Once all seven are out I will invest in that and give my current copies to a charity shop. Right now I have three in paperback and three in hardback. Five of them are the kiddie covers and one of them is the adult cover. I hate having books in different formats but from the same series.

magemanda said:
I hate having books in different formats but from the same series.
I especially hate it when, half way through a series, an author brings out completely new covers then proceeds to only publish the new book in said cover :mad:

Back