• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hunger Games - Movie

Lynn Hardy

I've read the first book in the Hunger Games series.

It was a good, fast, read that I enjoyed, but I'm hesitating on the rest of the series - I've heard so many bad review about the second book.

My main reason for diving into the book was research... I'm trying to figure out what they left out for the movie version.

It was a fairly good adaptation as far as I could tell. Of course, you can't get too much into the head of a first person narrator with a movie.

Stay away from the other two books!!!!! :p I'm sure opinions will be all over the board but my two cents are this: the first was awesome, the second was meh/ okay, and the third was rubbish.

It was a fairly good adaptation as far as I could tell. Of course, you can't get too much into the head of a first person narrator with a movie.

Stay away from the other two books!!!!! :p I'm sure opinions will be all over the board but my two cents are this: the first was awesome, the second was meh/ okay, and the third was rubbish.

I couldn't agree with you more on all counts!

I went to the midnight showing and was disappointed because I wanted more from the movie. When I went back a couple of days later, I was more impressed with the film and thought that they did a good job.

In regards to the other books, I agree that you should quit while you're ahead. I wish I could unread them, not because they were terrible (they were meh) but because the first ends on such an unresolved chord that I think it's beautiful. The second and third try to live up to that but fail, unfortunately.

Just saw The Hunger Games. I was impressed with it and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It seems to me the story has been tightened up a bit, and the ending made a bit more saccharine. But the outlandish adult leaders/promoters/organizers took a bit of getting used to.
Overall, a good flick.

They came across as too ridiculous to take seriously...which I think hurt their ability to seem scary. It's like a munchkin from the Wizard of Oz brandishing a butter knife at you.

I thoroughly enjoyed both the book and film of "The Hunger Games". The cast was chosen correctly and the scenes were made both hooking and exciting. Despite a few changes to the film from the book, it was a great family film and i encourage you to see it!

Sure, blurring the violence with shaky-cam helps to obtain the PG13 but I can't go along with the blatant choice to make a purported $78M production look like amateur hour by using handheld cameras throughout. I did not like this movie, although the book is brilliant!

Back