• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hysteria

Hanman

kickbox
Hysteria.

Hysteria, it raps my mind
Like clothing that’s in fashion
It curls around inside my mind
For this job I have no passion

It stalks me now through day and night
Leaves me ragged to the core
Tongue tied and twisted at its very sight
I want to struggle, scream or roar

Yet I am to blame for this situation
I brought it on my self
If not for me and my instigation
I could have left it on the shelf

But I had go and see what’s new
My great passion for a war
My monies boiled down to little stew
Like so many times before

And now I’m trapped, chained in
Like a dog without a roar
As I search around in desperation
For yet another door

Okay, this is really just a pet peeve of mine, but did you know that you used roar as the rhyme twice?

Other than that, it did seem as though you forced the poem into a certain rhyme scheme, which of course makes the poem seem forced instead of flowing naturally. All the same, however, I like it, especially the wording. Nicely vivid. I can almost picture a little guy sitting on a pile of papers on his desk, ripping his hair out. His glasses are all askew. :D

Bad day at work

Yeah, you’re right, it is forced rhyming. It’s just a cathartic piece. I had a bad day at work yesterday and wrote and posted it in just a couple of minuets. To be perfectly honest Poetry is not really my thing. Sometimes I write it just to get my mind flowing or as avoidance. I’m in the middle of writing my third novel and the middle is always hard going. It lacks the excitement of the start and the rush to finish you get towards the end.

Heh, well, I hope that you manage to play along until you can get to that wonderful rush.

Back