• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I am a Kindle Killer

What happens when fill your current Kindle? Do you get another one, or how does that work?

You can archive your read ebooks to your computer.

Kindles are cheap enough that buying another one is a legitimate option. That being said, in the near future, I expect Amazon to come out with Kindles with more memory and also the ability to store your books in their Cloud.

FWIW, Amazon claims you can store 3,500 books on your Kindle. Even if that is a gross estimation and it is closer to 2,000 that's still a lot of books.

Believe it or not, I have over 5000 fictional paperbacks and 1500 reference books in my personal 'library'. I do a lot of reading, and when I like a book, I keep it. I really do worry that 3500 isn't going to be enough. lol

Well just to add to my Kindle Killing rep. I nearly killed #3 this last month.

Things were humming along nicely and suddenly WHAM! My Kindle randomly reboots itself. Hmm. Odd, but not the end of the world. Well, shortly thereafter the silly thing began freezing, rebooting and otherwise being insane with alarming regularity! Call to the Amazon help line. After much back and forth it was determined that the issue could likely be the COVER I bought for my Kindle. (There is a magnet to keep it closed) Whodathunkit? They were willing to (once again!) replace my Kindle if necessary, or to replace the cover if that were the issue. I dutifully removed my cover and waited the requisite 3 days to see if the problems persisted. They disappeared like magic, so I called Amazon to report this and they credited my account for a new cover, sans magnet. YAY!

I swear to you, no sooner did I hit send on my new cover purchase than the stupid Kindle began to freeze and reboot again! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I will admit, I freaked out a bit. I called Amazon in a panic. Thankfully, the folks there must be used to people freaking out over a glitch. The guy I spoke to was kind, calm and walked me through everything. I ended up having to reset my Kindle to factory preset (wiping it clean - EEK) but after that, not a single issue.

The moral of the story? Amazon's customer service is truly one of a kind. I can't say enough good things about them.

Does anyone need a Kindle cover? Only slightly used...watch out for the magnet. :cool:

I think the long term solution is either to enclose the Kindle in a Faraday Cage or enclose you in a Faraday Cage.

:hanging head in shame:

I bought the stupid cover to protect the Kindle from any random klutziness on my part. Little did I know I was doing more harm than good. :sigh:

Since the cover has been off it hasn't gone with me ANYWHERE and is sitting on the coffee table FAR from any liquids or any other potential hazards. Its killing me not to take it to work with me. Thank god for the Kindle app on my phone!

I bought a cover with a magnet for mine, a Belkin. No problems so far and I've had it since Thursday. Should I expect disaster?

You're on your THIRD kindle? Jeeze!! I'm still on number 1 without any problems. I mainly got my Kindle for travel as well as one of the other posters. It has honestly been through hell. Cold extreme weather, hot extreme weather, dropped numerous times, plus the 2000+ books, and the numerous apps. Still running like a champ though lolololol. As long as I can read on it, It makes me happy, the other apps are just a bonus I guess. I'm sure it will die one day on me and Ill have to get a new one, but by that time I hope a new version will be out

Back