• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

i cant find this book and its driving me nuts

toolband

My foster mom just told me about a book she read in the seventies that was really long and really good. It has elements of horror, cults, romance, humor, gore and historical references. It starts off with a guy falling in love and getting married to a girl he hasn't known very long. He starts noticing she's not eating and other wierd things like that, long story short you find out that shes part of a humanoid race that predate and evolved alongside humans or something like that. Apparently the book goes into their whole origin and they perform blood rituals and sacrifices, they are also like vampires in that they are imposible or nearly impossible(not sure) to kill. They also treat humans like humans treat animals, as pets, food, clothes....or at least she's pretty sure thats what they did. If this rings a bell to anyone even in the slightest please let me know and I can see if it is the book i'm looking for......I'm desparate for a really good read. ps it is supposed to be a really dark book.

Back