• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I can't remember the title/author of this book!

km249

I read this book in middle school and I really loved it (so much that the story line has stuck with me all these years) but I can't for the life of me remember what the title or author is. Help me if you can!

The main character is a young woman who lives with her sister and family in or near a fort that is having problems with indian raids. Somewhere in there is a dance or something and this young woman makes herself a beautiful dress for the dance. So a group of indians do attack and take the woman, her sister, and her nephew and 2 nieces captive. They live in an indian camp for awhile and the indians adopt the nephew as one of their own, but the woman, sister, and nieces are taken up into canada and sold as servants. The nieces are adopted by rich families, but the sisters have to work. The young woman learns french, makes friends, and has a great talent for sewing so gains a reputation among the ladies of society for her sewing. They do see the nephew again, but can't get him back from the indians, the nieces do come back, but aren't happy because they've become accustomed to a cushy life, but the husband does eventually get contacted.

I'd really appreciate anyone that has any more details about this book! Thanks!

Oh wow...I know the book, I read it in middle school as well, but I haven't the faintest who wrote it or what the title was. I second the motion, what on earth was it called? Might it have just been "Captive" or something along those lines? Hmmm...

Back